Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

soul24rage

Yeah dude but i really doubt Messi would now make a big impact in final third, i mean i like la pulga but scoring in MLS doesnt mean he can do the same in la liga. Ronaldo is a good example, in Saudi league he is dribbling like in 2014 and scoring goals like in best years while for Portugal he struggles...
In WC Messi was worldclass in terms of having genius moments but i doubt he can do it for a whole season here...

correct me if im wrong Soul! 🐰
For Ronaldo and Portugal, I do have my thoughts and with the squad that they have, think they should play a 4-4-2 with Ramos and Ronaldo as the top 2. We can talk about that in the Portugal thread.

You're right, scoring in MLS is definitely not the same in La Liga, but do think Messi can deliver in La Liga as long as the team around him can do the running for him. Either way, he and Lewy together can't function in the big games so it's a mute point. We have the highest xG in La Liga, but we should be converting those chances more often.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For Ronaldo and Portugal, I do have my thoughts and with the squad that they have, think they should play a 4-4-2 with Ramos and Ronaldo as the top 2. We can talk about that in the Portugal thread.

You're right, scoring in MLS is definitely not the same in La Liga, but do think Messi can deliver in La Liga as long as the team around him can do the running for him. Either way, he and Lewy together can't function in the big games so it's a mute point. We have the highest xG in La Liga, but we should be converting those chances more often.

Hmm i feel Ramos and Ronaldo together won't work, both are pure strikers. Ronaldo need more a guy who can also feed him with passes, Jota for example.

as the team around him can do the running for him.

Good point! Argentinia players were running their socks off so Messi could relax and have his genius moments in WC, here in barca we dont have these workhoarses, and as you said i think Lewa will definitely start and he will surely not run much :lol: Are you sure with the XG? At least in last 6-8 ll matches Barca should be lower, today for example Barca had 0,52 and Rayo 0,65

anyways, who knows but from my point of view Messi wouldnt improve much, we need improvements in tactic and system which are the main issues imo

soul24rage

Hmm i feel Ramos and Ronaldo together won't work, both are pure strikers. Ronaldo need more a guy who can also feed him with passes, Jota for example.

Good point! Argentinia players were running their socks off so Messi could relax and have his genius moments in WC, here in barca we dont have these workhoarses, and as you said i think Lewa will definitely start and he will surely not run much :lol: Are you sure with the XG? At least in last 6-8 ll matches Barca should be lower, today for example Barca had 0,52 and Rayo 0,65

anyways, who knows but from my point of view Messi wouldnt improve much, we need improvements in tactic and system which are the main issues imo
For me, Ronaldo always did best when he had next to him a number 9 who can occupy the CBs. Don't think he works best as a solo 9.

I'm using this for the xG (updated after today's game)

We need more quality upfront to do some impact in the final third.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He is definitely on the spectrum, but why is that viewed as strange? Being introverted and not excelling in social situations doesn't make you strange, it just means you are different.

Should we just completely ignore the positive aspects of him being on the spectrum like not giving a shit about material things, being a family man, focusing on his career, being extremely loyal to his friends, being able to see things and recognise patterns others can't which make him a genius.

I'd much rather hang out with him than 95% percent of the footballers out there who have huge egos and would base the friendship almost entirely on you being their own personal arse kisser.

FinBarcelonafan

He is definitely on the spectrum, but why is that viewed as strange? Being introverted and not excelling in social situations doesn't make you strange, it just means you are different.

Should we just completely ignore the positive aspects of him being on the spectrum like not giving a shit about material things, being a family man, focusing on his career, being extremely loyal to his friends, being able to see things and recognise patterns others can't which make him a genius.

I'd much rather hang out with him than 95% percent of the footballers out there who have huge egos and would base the friendship almost entirely on you being their own personal arse kisser.
Well said.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For me, Ronaldo always did best when he had next to him a number 9 who can occupy the CBs. Don't think he works best as a solo 9.

I'm using this for the xG (updated after today's game)

We need more quality upfront to do some impact in the final third.

Yeah Ronaldo alone wont work but think he needs more a supporting player like Rooney, Benz, Mandzukic, Morata (when the get the ball in the box they often looked where Ronaldo stands) instead of a pure striker who will shoot by himself....

Ok i used another app and it showed my different numbers :unsure:

more quality yes...

Messigician

" not giving a shit about material things"

Messi's contract details were published just days after the club announced a debt of €1.17 billion. El Mundo described Messi's contract as "The contract that ruined Barcelona."

KingLeo10

Somewhere in a hospital in Mumbai, where Gician is getting straightjacketed:

"The contract that ruined Barcelona"

"The contract that ruined Barcelona"

:lol:

CatalinR10

His best scence against Portugal was in 2011 in a friendly match, that was peak Messi

how do u feel when Messi the GOAT Mogged CR while outjumping him ?

images

Could never be me fam , SMH.

Home of Barca Fans