Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

We'll be 4th-6th this season, but who cares?

Eventually we will start to play faster and not through Messi, new kids will step up and we will find new attacking patterns.

Bad short term.
Better long term.

You have gone from arguing Messi is worst player in team to team being worse off without him.

What five teams are you suggesting would finish ahead of Barca without Messi?

Asylum15

Took a break from posting on the forum for a while last year but followed us very closely.

Two things - Absolutely unbelievable that we're just gonna let him leave (due to our stupid previous ownership's awful financial decisions).

Also, Aguero must feel like a PRICK right now.

Morten

We definitely were major contenders for La Liga with Messi.

Real Madrid are gutted and you never know which version of Atletico you're going to get. They're not a team used to be winning and defending a title notoriously tough.

Talking about us, or Atletico?
Cause last season was the only season since forever we didnt have a meltdown after winning the league, sure, AM beat us to it but it was a decent effort to defend it at least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exciting times. I was thinking lately that him not renewing is best for us financially, and even long-term sporting project-wise. We need a new leader in attack though, players have to step up.

I think we will take a hit financially with some existing sponsors not renewing or renewing downwards, and with less money received from matchday (when everything is back to normal) and merchandise sales, but this is something that is bound to happen whenever Messi leaves. Not the best time he leaves but we will have to deal with it.

JamDav1982

Took a break from posting on the forum for a while last year but followed us very closely.

Two things - Absolutely unbelievable that we're just gonna let him leave (due to our stupid previous ownership's awful financial decisions).

Also, Aguero must feel like a PRICK right now.

Why would Aguero feel like that?

He is at a size of club shouldnt be at as he is Messi mate.

KingLeo10

So much for the Messi Amigo theory...that he will definitely stay because he ordered Aguero's signing.

:lol: People need to realize top level athletes only love 2 things. Winning and money.

BBZ8800

You have gone from arguing Messi is worst player in team to team being worse off without him.

What five teams are you suggesting would finish ahead of Barca without Messi?

At least you didn't mention World cup 2018 and my favorites Germany.

You are improving :wub:

Xaviniesta

until messi makes some sort of instagram post, i will assume this is a power play by laporta to get tebas to be flexible

gulaman

Very sad day for Barca. Sounds like Barca could not even fulfil the new 50% reduced salary! Financially Barca are screwed but Messi leaving will help to alleviate the financial mess.

JamDav1982

At least you didn't mention World cup 2018 and my favorites Germany.

You are improving :wub:

Nah better material now with your Euro claims on team ideals if want to go down that route.

You spent last season saying how Messi made team worse and Braithwaite was best attacker.. now Barca may finish 6th due to no Messi.

Slippery lad.

Home of Barca Fans