Lionel Messi - v7

wisconsincule

PSG and Man City would have to change their play styles to accommodate him. He is only declining and doesn’t put in nearly the defensive duty that the player he would be replacing does. I just don’t see him putting either of those teams over the top.

JohnN

I said take out Pique, Busi, and Messi. These are the 'real problems of this team'. Not only because they are Amigos, but because they are the damn spine of the team.
Unless you think that the real problems are that we didn't have Suarez to finish off the tons of chances created in the box... LOL
Peripheral players can also be a problem, but minor ones. Alba can't defend for his life, but can at least run and cover ground.
Lenglet is also a problem, but I don't see him as starter. If Araujo was fit, he wouldn't have started.
Winaldum yesterday instead of Busi immediately fixes 1/3 of the problem. A fast CB next to Araujo, and suddenly you don't have the sad situation of veteran-like runners Pique-Lenglet trying to catch Mbape in open space. Someone that presses consistently and instensively instead of Messi fixes permanent pathogenies.
We need personnel that can address the needs of modern football.

Messi is part of the problem, not the solution. Deal with it.
What you say above is:
Take out 3 players.
Then take lenglet out too.
Add Araujo who wasn't playing.
Add another cb we don't have.
Add gini who we don't have.
Add another player we don't have in attack who presses like a madman.
Add Fati who wasn't playing.

You Muppet, this is a completely other team than the one we had playing. People were arguing that our team would be a midtable team without Messi and you reply: no, it's not, look at this imaginary fucking line up I just pulled out of my ass and would be better.

Raketa10

Come on guys get real.
The biggest problem is center defense and RBs with two players coming back from injury. Especially pique. And PSG isn't granada. They aren't a club for accompanying practice with.
We're still holding on the first 45. But destroyed in the 2nd. I say, what was koeman thinking? It's still better with de jong and lenglet, and maybe mingueza on the right.

At least with that formation it could be just 1-2 lost and it wouldn't be surprising (never expect barca would pass PSG at current condition).

Good post.

Giginho75

come on man, not this Argentina shit again. They will fail miserably as usual.. that WC final vs Germany was his chance internationally

I've lost count the amount of times I tuned in to watch Argentina because of Messi. its let down after let down

I understand your speech, but Copa America will be in June.
There aren't great teams in this moment.
Brasil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay...the same level (more or less).

I can understand if we talk about Qatar 22, when there will be teams like the European ones,but Copa America is different and, mostly, already now he can focus on it because Barca is out of Liga and CL.
Maybe with Copa del Rey Barca has a little hope.

Daniele

What you say above is:
Take out 3 players.

You Muppet, this is a completely other team than the one we had playing. People were arguing that our team would be a midtable team without Messi and you reply: no, it's not, look at this imaginary fucking line up I just pulled out of my ass and would be better.

you hit the point of the question.
If the solution is to send almost everyone away,
even Messi, since the team is built on him, and he is our best player,
realistically, why should you improve? (since there is no money, nor too many foundations to rebuild)

But if you try to point this out, the psychosis of some users (I think always the same few under differenti nicknames) leads you to receive only insults

malvolio

What you say above is:
Take out 3 players.

LMFAO

typical way of thinking from someone who thinks of football from stats perspective. when you do the math on paper it might add up. when you gather 11 idiots together on the field and you see them play, that's another story.

malvolio

They can easily get both. Haaland won't be on that big of a salary.... maybe 175k to 200k a week. Messi will be free, so they'll only have to cover his salary, which won't be anywhere close to what it was with us. They can also sell certain players like Mahrez and Zinchenko, so that'll help towards getting Haaland and Messi. They could also try and get in Alaba, which will also be a free transfer. I doubt he'd want any more than 250k a week. If Aguero leaves, that'll free up another 250k a week..... but I think Aguero will stay another 2 years on a lower salary.

If they sell Mahrez for roughly 40m to 50m, that will cover Messi's signing-on fee and salary for the year (Mahrez is on roughly 150k a week). They could then sell Zinchenko for a decent price, so that could cover Alaba's signing-on fee and salary. The only thing they have to worry about is Haaland, but I think they could manage it. Even if they don't get Haaland in the summer, he has a release clause of 70m euros in 2022. So, realistically, they would only have to spend money on Haaland.

It's not impossible for them to get both Messi and Haaland. It wouldn't affect them that much in regards to the FFP.... especially if they sell certain players.

they are freeing up a spot anyway with aguero leaving. they can also sell jesus, but might keep him as rotation.

Vilarrubi

Eug8ml6XEAAPWKo

f0b3adef08e3443778993d4ba2606290.gif

Jadentheman

come on man, not this Argentina shit again. They will fail miserably as usual.. that WC final vs Germany was his chance internationally

I've lost count the amount of times I tuned in to watch Argentina because of Messi. its let down after let down

Argentina needs to learn to play without Messi. Messi's chance was in 2014 and he blew it. No second chances when it comes to that.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Argentina needs to learn to play without Messi. Messi's chance was in 2014 and he blew it. No second chances when it comes to that.

these argentinia losses hurt. i remember WC 2014 when i couldnt sleep all night after argentinia lost, Copa 2015 and 16 were also shocking. This year its his last chance to win a title with argentinia but Messi declined a lot, he isnt the same like 2015-2019 anymore.

Hardy

Rivaldo today said he goes to PSG, another argentinian reporter apparently close to his entourage says City. next weeks gonna be fun.

Jadentheman

these argentinia losses hurt. i remember WC 2014 when i couldnt sleep all night after argentinia lost, Copa 2015 and 16 were also shocking. This year its his last chance to win a title with argentinia but Messi declined a lot, he isnt the same like 2015-2019 anymore.

You have to remember Messi was pretty much at the tip of his prime mountain in 2014-2015. It' literally took the best version of himself to get to the WC final. I was also a bit sad when he lost it. Esepcially since that nobody Gotze scored that winning fluke goal. But also remember he had two clear cut chances to score :(

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You have to remember Messi was pretty much at the tip of his prime mountain in 2014-2015. It' literally took the best version of himself to get to the WC final. I was also a bit sad when he lost it. Esepcially since that nobody Gotze scored that winning fluke goal. But also remember he had two clear cut chances to score :(

During WC 2014 Messi wasnt on his GOAT form which he reached in the end of 2014. He was still worldclass with his genius moments but 2015 he was on another level, back to GOAT mode. But if i remember correctly he wasnt good in 2015 copa, he had an outstanding match against Paraguay in semi final but overall it was a poor Copa america. His best tournament for argentinia was Copa 2016 when he was in Goat-mode during the whole competition.

The WC final was unfair, argentinia had played 120 min against netherlands and had one day less time to recover than germany who could chill after 45min against brazil. By the way Di maria was injured.

Richard.H

I would actually argue Copa America 2015 and 2016 were more disappointing for Leo. Missed penalty, so close in both tournaments, only a hair difference between Chile and Argentina. At least in WC you could tell that as a whole Germany had a better team.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I would actually argue Copa America 2015 and 2016 were more disappointing for Leo. Missed penalty, so close in both tournaments, only a hair difference between Chile and Argentina. At least in WC you could tell that as a whole Germany had a better team.

True, i think at the end argentinia was happy to stand in a WC final again but a copa final wasnt enough. You have to win that match.

Home of Barca Fans