Ligue 1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't seem to find the stats but could someone tell if Ligue 1 is still one of the most low scoring leagues in Europe?

D

Do0m

Ligue 1 : 463 goals so far, in 187 matches = 2,476 goals per matches.

Liga : 408 goals in 160 matches = 2,55 goals per matches.

Serie A : 454 goals in 176 matches = 2,597 goals per matches.

Bundesliga : 419 goals in 153 matches = 2,739 goals per matches.

Premiere League : 578 goals in 197 matches = 2,934 goals per matches.

Liga has not very much more goals than Ligue 1, and is just behind Serie A (surprising), but those 3 leagues are almost equal on goal average.
Bundesliga is one step higher, and Premiere League is far away.
I didn't check for the "small" leagues, so I can't tell if Ligue 1 is the lowest in Europe and Premiere league the highest.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
hmm kinda funny epl is the highest seeing how everyone says its the league with the best defense and least space for offense

B

blueduck

Nah, it's because we have the best attackers! ;)

This year is a record high though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It is true, this year has been different and the EPL is looking a bit better (well in my opinion) than previous years. However I remember I did a calculation once and I found Serie A topped the EPL a few times in the past decade or was very close. Point being they did not lack goals as much as people made them out to be.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It is true, this year has been different and the EPL is looking a bit better (well in my opinion) than previous years. However I remember I did a calculation once and I found Serie A topped the EPL a few times in the past decade or was very close. Point being they did not lack goals as much as people made them out to be.

serie 'a' has a bad reputation in england because:

1. it's very tactical, this confuses the english.
2. it is a slow league, valuing technique above physicality
3. the tv broadcasting stations always turn the crowd mics down so it sounds like all the fans are just sat there doing nothing.
4. when playing foreign teams, italian teams tend to be very defence-first. this creates a bad impression.

D

Do0m

And what about la Liga not scoring more than Ligue 1 and serie A ?
What's happening this year in spain ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ligue 1 : 463 goals so far, in 187 matches = 2,476 goals per matches.

Liga : 408 goals in 160 matches = 2,55 goals per matches.

Serie A : 454 goals in 176 matches = 2,597 goals per matches.

Bundesliga : 419 goals in 153 matches = 2,739 goals per matches.

Premiere League : 578 goals in 197 matches = 2,934 goals per matches.

Liga has not very much more goals than Ligue 1, and is just behind Serie A (surprising), but those 3 leagues are almost equal on goal average.
Bundesliga is one step higher, and Premiere League is far away.
I didn't check for the "small" leagues, so I can't tell if Ligue 1 is the lowest in Europe and Premiere league the highest.

Thanx. So they improved quite a bit since last few season but still behind other top leagues.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
would like to watch it but dont have espn at home, what i would give to be back in cardiff.

would like to see marsielle win, lucho hatrick :)

D

Do0m

Marseille was impressiv tonight, maybe their best match of the season.

Beast

The Observer
The season is really strange..
first the uprise of Montpelier , the awful form of Lyon & L'OM in the league and Bordeaux is virtually walking home with the title

Gomis is shockingly bad for Lyon , i never rated him but i didn't expect him to be that bad .. neither did i expect Didier to be that bad for L'OM but i do question the transfers he made a lot , getting rid of Ziani & Cana for fring players was too much to take

Home of Barca Fans