Liga | Round 11: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 1-2

dostoevskij

embarassing first half, beast second half. props to the team and to the coach, who obviuosly said the right things in ht.

we won at mames, mestalla and in sevilla. not so bad, eh...

arjunanand1

I was pretty pissed off with the demeanor of the players in the first half, it appeared that they were once again taking things lightly. I can't seem to be able to say something bad about Roberto though he was directly at fault for the opening goal.

As for Denis, I felt that he may not have been the right pick for this match, and the first half kind of validated my opinion. But man, what a turnaround in the second half. Whatever Lucho said, or whoever he kicked at HT really made a huge difference.

We can't really be coasting along like this though and wait for the opposition to bring their game to us. Sevilla could have easily taken this match beyond reach in the first half.

Messi, as always was mercurial. And a shoutout to Masche for all those tackles, those are a pleasure to watch!
A big win, a scorcher of a game and 3 awesome points to go with it!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Massive win and incredible way to come back to life after disastrous start. There's still grit in this team.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm going to need a heart transplant after that one. Good god what a match!

I just can't believe Messi sometimes. That finish was ridiculous for the 1-1, calmest man in the stadium, shame he couldn't cap that beautiful run in the 2nd too and he really found a way for us forward. Him and Denis really helped get something going in the MF which turned the game for us.

I'd love to be a fly in the wall for our team talks at halftime. Something happens in there that really flips this team into the real Barca.

Total-Football

this is not the performance of a team that is aiming for titles .. against all the big guns we faced , we failed to impose our rythme bar a 10 men city ( first half they were all over us ) .. a more clinical team would have killed us in the first half . we seem to be 5 meters late in every single tackle-run ... we need to retrieve our intensity or there is a chance we get the 0 tituli this year ..
second half of course was much better , messi and denis were more inspired and that gave us the margin to edge the match .. over all a lot left to be desired.

Horatio

You're welcome
... we need to retrieve our intensity or there is a chance we get the 0 tituli this year ..
second half of course was much better , messi and denis were more inspired and that gave us the margin to edge the match .. over all a lot left to be desired.

I felt exactly the same the first half. But the second half showed the team has it in them. Hope they take something from this game.

snowy

Lucho's halftime speech worked :)

yeah that ref was distributing yellows like a pusher on rave night :stoner:

Home of Barca Fans