La Liga Round 4: Osasuna - Barca 1-2

serghei

Don't see the point of Yamal being glued to the touchline when we're up in the final third. Should be seeking inwards trying to get in dangerous situations.

That's part of what Raphinha does best. It's also up to the player to feel and read these moments. Hard for a 16 year old to feel those sort of situations.

Iniesta Ultra

Don't see the point of Yamal being glued to the touchline when we're up in the final third. Should be seeking inwards trying to get in dangerous situations.

I was gonna post earlier Xavi obviously ordered him before this match to cone up on touchline smfh, sabotage commenced.

ajnotkeith

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE MOST INTERESTING?

THIS SCHEME WITH 4 MIDFIELDERS DOES NOT MINIMIZE THE NUMBER OF DANGEROUS MOMENTS THAT OPPONENTS CREATE.
XAVI IS JUST A COWARD.
They create dangerous moments, they just miss all of them, every time.

I cant remember the last time a LaLiga team was clinical against us except Madrid.

utility73

Yes way too much going over the left side.
Roberto also being a factor of Yamal not getting more involved.
But still liked the kids performance so far .. did quite some defensive work.

serghei

Yeah, he "orders" different things to Raphinha and Lamal just to sabotage them. Like he "ordered" Raphinha to make runs like vs Osasuna or Valencia last year. :lol: Jesus fuck...

Every manager is encouraging players to read the game. It's not all scripted like a soap opera episode.

JamDav1982

Lamal has barely had ball but at least tries to make things happen.

Gavi on other side just fucks about on ball and passes it backwards with no real threat.

Balde not been much of a threat either.

serghei

Lamal can't possibly know to interpret a game. Raphinha is far superior player. When an opponent goes gung-ho like Villareal did and he has spaces to work with, Lamal can play on instinct and be decisive 1 vs 1 and in spacecs. In much more tactical games such as this, positional games, Raphinha is way ahead in maturity.

mc_lovin

Gavi on other side just fucks about on ball and passes it backwards with no real threat.
I honestly can't remember a situation where I thought he should have done more. He turns with zero space and has a milllion players in front of him.

Not sayign he's having a good game, but I kind of feel context matters. Felix should have a golden chance taking his spot though.

ajnotkeith

Lamal can't possibly know to interpret a game. Raphinha is far superior player. When an opponent goes gung-ho like Villareal did and he has spaces to work with, Lamal can play on instinct and be decisive 1 vs 1 and in spacecs. In much more tactical games such as this, positional games, Raphinha is way ahead in maturity.
Raphinha has had many stinkers as well.

JamDav1982

I honestly can't remember a situation where I thought he should have done more. He turns with zero space and has a milllion players in front of him.

Not sayign he's having a good game, but I kind of feel context matters. Felix should have a golden chance taking his spot though.

Not for me.

Keeps getting ball in space and no awareness so just goes backwards and makes first obvious pass.

They are letting him have ball as cant do much with it there.

serghei

Raphinha has had many stinkers as well.

Sure, I'm not advocating that we freeze Lamal and never play him again. Just that this is not the game for him and that Raphinha should be our starter. All sensible stuff really, nothing extravagant or eccentric.

Iniesta Ultra

Have you had a TBI recently?

Home of Barca Fans