La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 4-2

serghei

Can you just close the Puig subject? He knew Koeman doesn't like him and he chose to stay. Bench warmer he will be, by his own choice. With a different manager things could improve for him, but until that happens things are pretty clear.

JamDav1982

Can you just close the Puig subject? He knew Koeman doesn't like him and he chose to stay. Bench warmer he will be. With a different manager things could improve for him, but until that happens things are pretty clear.

Things could improve for him if he leaves.

New manager will be next in long line that dont rate him anywhere near as high as some Barca fans do.

serghei

Things could improve for him if he leaves.

New manager will be next in long line that dont rate him anywhere near as high as some Barca fans do.

Ah, JamDav the fortuneteller. If Xavi comes expect his role to bigger.

His best shot at making it is Barca + Cruyffista manager.

Catta

When Xavi comes, Puig fanboys will be in for a rude awakening. He will give him chances at the start, but after 2-3 games Xavi will realize that Puig doesn't offer anything special, and will bench for eternity him like any other coach did.

Zidane82

We were amazing defensively in all honesty in comparison to how we recently have been playing. Lots of composure thanks to Garcia and to Koeman playing possession/counter mix

Apart from Emersons brain warp letting them score and get back into the game

JamDav1982

He'll not be a starter but he'd play much more. That's all.

Nah he will be gone by then most likely and Xavi will be next one that rates him nowhere near the level others do.

Gavi and Demir are better already and Pedri by far... three teenagers better than him at 22.

Yet... 'just wait for the next coach'.

serghei

Nah he will be gone by then most likely and Xavi will be next one that rates him nowhere near the level others do.

Gavi and Demir are better already and Pedri by far... three teenagers better than him at 22.

Yet... 'just wait for the next coach'.

Let's hope we get to see Xavi as manager with Puig in the squad. Might be less than a year until that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Castlevania ended on super high note and Barca won their debut game post-messi era. Today was a good day.

Bobo32

I'll repeat again that Pique-Garcia-Busquets-Pedri-de Jong looked like a fine central five this game, maybe Pedri and de Jong could play well together after all, with better defenders behind them...
If it's Pedri and de Jong to start, Roberto the first replacement, and then Nico and Gavi next in line, I think it is a decent line up. Puig is the best of them all of course, but it's all ok.

Griezmann needs to go, Emerson should be nowhere near the pitch, Lenglet and Araujo should not play too much, and maybe Depay will make me eat my words if he is to play in a well functioning system like today, as the lone "star" after Messi left... But I think Koeman will continue to fuck things up and Depay might show to be as hit/miss and irritating as I predicted very soon.

ebc_99

I would love to see this team with a top class coach, I think we have really good players that are being wasted with Koeman, that's our main problem. I am excited to watch but I hope we can bring someone in next year that can get the best from the players.

Gnidrologist

Liked how we played. Good compact team play and lack of Messi means, we're more unpredictable in attack, even if we don't have performer of his caliber.
Depay continues to impress. He has grown into mature player that has good combo of technique, passing acumen and physicality. Garcia was better than i thought he is, but let's see how he fares against really dangerous teams.

Home of Barca Fans