Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

Perez offered him about as much as one possibly can, PSG will always be able to offer more, its that simple.

Possible we will try again in a few years, but we shouldn't, perhaps other clubs will join in though, City vs PSG battling for his signature next? That would be something.

What matters in the end is what Mbapp? wants. City are rich but they weren't even in contention for Mbapp?. Fat chances Mbapp? only considered Real Madrid (we know they had an agreement last year) and PSG (they got an agreement recently according to his mama). The question is why only those two clubs ? Being a very rich club is an obvious requirement for Mbapp? demands but Madrid seems to be the only one in the running probably because he has a liking to this club. However, as shown, a liking is one thing and Mbapp? being cold hearted for his professional choices doesn't mean Real will get a free pass. PSG may be able to offer him more but it is not sure he would want to receive it. I consider this short term contract as some sort of early parting gift for both parties.

Andresito

Staff member
Its not about being petty, its about moving on and being realistic, there is a club to run.

Perez is a fool if he goes back to chasing old dreams.

If Mbappe keeps his level, then any club would be incredibly stupid not to try and sign him.

Sailor Mars

Madrid won the league and are in the CL finals all without Mbappe.

Mbappe couldn't risk being seen as a frontrunner and joining a Madrid side that currently doesn't really need him. Oh, and the Qatari money was likely a factor too.

xxxxxx

He should have gone to City or Madrid back in 2017. Along with the trophies he will end up winning with France, the kind of career he could have ended up with would have been insane.

He still has time for plenty of Champions League titles. He's only 23. He's already won plenty of trophies. He'll obviously win at least one Champions League, and I honestly believe that PSG will be a better team next season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe the sporting project appealed to him? PSG will work on getting players he likes as well? Maybe he want to be there when PSG wins its first CL? Maybe he really respects Messi?

Morten

Madrid won the league and are in the CL finals all without Mbappe.

Mbappe couldn't risk being seen as a frontrunner and joining a Madrid side that currently doesn't really need him. Oh, and the Qatari money was likely a factor too.

Maybe not for the league, but, Benzema is 34,5 years and is half the reason we are in the final.

This is not substainable for much longer, who will Perez conjure up as a new striker, with the main options gone?

Newcomer

He should have gone to City or Madrid back in 2017. Along with the trophies he will end up winning with France, the kind of career he could have ended up with would have been insane.

He is 23. He has a decade left of football, baring injury, and you talk about him as if he is a finished, washed up player.

Sailor Mars

Maybe not for the league, but, Benzema is 34,5 years and is half the reason we are in the final.

This is not substainable for much longer, who will Perez conjure up as a new striker, with the main options gone?

I'm sure Perez will figure something out.

And I imagine there is an appeal to come in as the saviour rather than a great player joining a team that is already competing for everything without you.

Madrid is aging, but they are showing they are a great team who didn't really need Mbappe too much this season.

Zidane82

He's an avid user of Internet Explorer, can't blame him for missing the biggest transfer of the season already being done.

🤬

I have capitalised the key words given you are not so bright .

Manchester City confirm 51m Erling Haaland deal with Borussia Dortmund
City: We have reached an agreement in PRINCIPLE

Manchester City can confirming that we have reached an agreement in PRINCIPLE with Dortmund for the transfer of striker Erling Haaland to the club on 1 July 2022, a statement said. The transfer remains SUBJECT to the club finalising terms with the player.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Maybe the sporting project appealed to him? PSG will work on getting players he likes as well? Maybe he want to be there when PSG wins its first CL? Maybe he really respects Messi?

To be honest, i kinda see a classic case of "Messi disease" here. The guy who wants a strong sporting project but is grabbing a very substantial amount of money, making the club unable to sign the ideal targets.

I understand PSG stance because he was kinda one of the only thing working well in the team but how is Kylian going to get the players he wants to help him win the CL. Mbapp? is still not at the stage of carrying the team like a Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi could do in CL and PSG isn't as a good side as those teams were.

Let's say PSG and Kylian want Tchouam?ni. How likely it is that they will be successful ? PL clubs are loaded, Real are loaded, PSG is deloaded. I doubt players sign just because Mbapp? wants them to. It might work for a guy like Demb?l? maybe but he is not going to CL with that.

Horatio

You're welcome
To be honest, i kinda see a classic case of "Messi disease" here. The guy who wants a strong sporting project but is grabbing a very substantial amount of money, making the club unable to sign the ideal targets.

I understand PSG stance because he was kinda one of the only thing working well in the team but how is Kylian going to get the players he wants to help him win the CL. Mbapp? is still not at the stage of carrying the team like a Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi could do in CL and PSG isn't as a good side as those teams were.

Let's say PSG and Kylian want Tchouam?ni. How likely it is that they will be successful ? PL clubs are loaded, Real are loaded, PSG is deloaded. I doubt players sign just because Mbapp? wants them to. It might work for a guy like Demb?l? maybe but he is not going to CL with that.

Btw...I don't believe Kylian will be taking decisions for the club btw. Sounds like bs. I just meant that he saw the sporting project and heard names of players which in his mind are the players he would be looking for as well.

We'll prolly find out soon enough what he was offered by PSG. Still lot of noise about and are we really truly 100% sure he is staying?

Messigician

Pay have unlimited money lol it's funded by a state

Rassvet

He is 23. He has a decade left of football, baring injury, and you talk about him as if he is a finished, washed up player.

He will still have an incredible career but not as good as it could have been had he made the right football moves.

Decent chance he will turn 27 with nothing won at club level except domestic honors in France.

Morten

To be serious, the money i don't care about, but it will be interesting to see the other "Perks" they offered him, PSG offering him to be some kind of sporting director has to be exaggerated, surely?

Home of Barca Fans