Kylian Mbappé

Andresito

Staff member
Lol if we can keep pursuing Griezmann and Neymar after what they did, Madrid surely will offer Mbappe a contract in the future. Madrid can't be that petty. 3 years is a long time as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Both Haaland and Mbappe rejected us, while your finances are all messed up, and will be for a while.

There is no denying the shift.

Our finances are messed up and it will take years to recover, true. Meanwhile you are doing well on and off the field, Haaland and Mbappe rejecting (unconfirmed) you has nothing to do with your lack of appeal, allure, project etc. It is more about money and role/status in the team (I am guess Haaland didn't want to share limelight with Mbappe, when he made his decision, maybe he regrets it now?).

EPL as a whole is always on top, but individually I think you guys and us still can compete with them for players and again, we will see what the new FFP does.

Morten

Lol if we can keep pursuing Griezmann and Neymar after what they did, Madrid surely will offer Mbappe a contract in the future. Madrid can't be that petty. 3 years is a long time as well.

Its not about being petty, its about moving on and being realistic, there is a club to run.

Perez is a fool if he goes back to chasing old dreams.

Newcomer

Yh I dont think on its own it's a problem but in combination with his RM ties I'm not 100% he'd be keen
I dont think he wants to get into a project that would antagonize a lot of groups he's been associated with

But don't know, depends on the assurances he'd get and what he can achieve for himself. If it means they'll bring CL to France and it matters to him then I can see him taking it. Im just not convinced he's bothered to be a kingmaker for Paris at the cost of how it looks for everyone else and immediately in wake of what is being said about Mbappe terms of contract

Anyone who says they are bringing CL anywhere is a fat liar though. Even the great Messi couldn't make it in his older days. This is where we should be praising Bayern and Real to be able to be regular challengers despite the volatile aspect of the competition. This year for example, it is kinda a miracle (in the sense that they seemed far from being the best team) that Real Madrid is in finale and yet, they may get their name on the trophy again. Maybe Mourinho was right when he was saying there is some DNA or heritage.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Its not about being petty, its about moving on and being realistic, there is a club to run.

Perez is a fool if he goes back to chasing old dreams.

It is not about old dreams at all, if Mbappe keeps up his level and several years from now the undisputed best player in the world and at his prime, and if you guys can afford his wages, why wouldn't Perez go after him? From the sporting perspective alone it makes every sense.

Morten

It is not about old dreams at all, if Mbappe keeps up his level and several years from now the undisputed best player in the world and at his prime, and if you guys can afford his wages, why wouldn't Perez go after him? From the sporting perspective alone it makes every sense.

Whats with this "oh, he will definitely leave in 2 years"-nonsense all over the place? This is over, he stays at PSG, and thats that.

There is never any way we can offer him what PSG offers him, so i don't even know why you bring this up.

Perez needs to take the L and move on.

Givenchy

The era of attracting superstars to la liga is well and truly over, it seems.

They will all go to EPL, or PSG, for the forseeable future.

I've been saying that for a while, especially with all top managers ending up in EPL but this situation is unique imo. PSG aren't a normal club and can literally give Mbappe anything he wants financially, you can't compete with that type of shit especially in todays football where money>all for most.

Jakabor

And what do you have to cheer about these days, the 4-0-trophy? Congrats on winning one Clasico in what, 3 seasons?

LMAO.

You look pathetic.

Just take the L.

Yeah, you won the league and possibly the CL, but considering all the hoopla with Mbappe with your fans singing his name, coming in their pants with media outlets guaranteeing he would join Madrid this summer, this is a monumental L.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Whats with this "oh, he will definitely leave in 2 years"-nonsense all over the place? This is over, he stays at PSG, and thats that.

There is never any way we can offer him what PSG offers him, so i don't even know why you bring this up.

I am not saying he is leaving in 2 years and I actually agree with you that PSG will never sell him (I'd rather they give up their pride and actually sell to get a lot of money from you guys but I agree they won't), so if he does sign a 3-year extension instead of 5, then he might leave for free in 3 years.

We don't know what his new salary is. Again I don't buy the 100m net figure at all, just crazy. We will see.

At this point it is just a rumor right? Imagine he comes out tomorrow and announces that he is going to Madrid after all. :lol:

Newcomer

This circus has shown us that Mbapp? owned both PSG and Real Madrid. He took them to the cleaners, whatever he chooses. Fat chance another circus will be brewing in the next few years for his next contract. You could say he is following the pattern of Griezmann : staying at Atletico then going to Bar?a who were rejected in an humiliating manner before.

You are right to say that he could potentially sign for PSG again but you can read between the lines with the duration of his supposed renewal. If he wanted to commit long term, he wouldn't sign a 3 year deal. PSG bent backward in offering those terms. No one signs for 3 years at PSG unless you are very old or very unreliable (Rafinha). Even the most useless guys like Kurzawa (who won't be champion because he won't be playing today either) are getting longer deals. Yet, PSG could only try to tie him with such a contract... Mbapp? is most likely staying short term and if he is still hot property, you will come sniffing around again.

Newcomer

I am not saying he is leaving in 2 years and I actually agree with you that PSG will never sell him (I'd rather they give up their pride and actually sell to get a lot of money from you guys but I agree they won't), so if he does sign a 3-year extension instead of 5, then he might leave for free in 3 years.

We don't know what his new salary is. Again I don't buy the 100m net figure at all, just crazy. We will see.

At this point it is just a rumor right? Imagine he comes out tomorrow and announces that he is going to Madrid after all. :lol:

Yeah. You are very sensible, as usual. Those people who believe this salary are mental. Especially since they say it is net ! 100 millions net ! Hahaha, no way. PSG would rather give him an higher sign on fee than giving him 100 millions net.

Morten

This circus has shown us that Mbapp? owned both PSG and Real Madrid. He took them to the cleaners, whatever he chooses. Fat chance another circus will be brewing in the next few years for his next contract. You could say he is following the pattern of Griezmann : staying at Atletico then going to Bar?a who were rejected in an humiliating manner before.

You are right to say that he could potentially sign for PSG again but you can read between the lines with the duration of his supposed renewal. If he wanted to commit long term, he wouldn't sign a 3 year deal. PSG bent backward in offering those terms. No one signs for 3 years at PSG unless you are very old or very unreliable (Rafinha). Even the most useless guys like Kurzawa (who won't be champion because he won't be playing today either) are getting longer deals. Yet, PSG could only try to tie him with such a contract... Mbapp? is most likely staying short term and if he is still hot property, you will come sniffing around again.

Perez offered him about as much as one possibly can, PSG will always be able to offer more, its that simple.

Possible we will try again in a few years, but we shouldn't, perhaps other clubs will join in though, City vs PSG battling for his signature next? That would be something.

Home of Barca Fans