Karim Benzema

El Flaco

Quotes from Benzema during a interview

About the transfer-rumor & the future:

Every summer I have a good laugh with my friends about the transfer-rumors. I am a key-player for one of the two best clubs in the world, I'm absolutely happy.

When you play for a club like Real Madrid or FC Barcelona, you find yourself at the summit. If the day should come that I have the feeling that I have no place in the squad, then I'd have to think about my future.

About the CL-Final 2014:

No later than the quarter-finals anyone can win the title. It's about small details. 2014, we defeated Atlético after we equalized in the last minute following a corner. At that moment, luck was on our side.

About PSG:

If PSG has a winner profile this year? They can win ... as others. This is a team that rises and approaches the best. So far, they come across strong. It's nice to have a French team that annoys the largest in Europe. In 2006, with OL, we also had a big team. But in Milan, we missed the little touches that great teams have

Source

Horatio

You're welcome
Every summer I have a good laugh with my friends about the transfer-rumors. I am a key-player for one of the two best clubs in the world,

I'm absolutely happy.
When you play for a club like Real Madrid or FC Barcelona, you find yourself at the summit. If the day should come that I have the feeling that I have no place in the squad, then I'd have to think about my future.

I like seeing Madrid players respect Barcelona and vice versa. You can tell he would've played for Barca as much if the opportunity arose.

footyfan

Calma, calma
[MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION]: Is garde a vue equivalent to an arrest? I understand it as being taken into police custody for 24-48 hours (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garde_à_vue_(droit)). That link however says that it's equivalent in Anglo-Saxon law is called an arrest. Arrests don't always have a time limit though.

Apparently Benzema (and also Cisse) did not actually blackmail Valbuena. They just advised Valbuena to pay up to the blackmailer rather than go to the police. However, it has also been said that the Benzema actually knows the blackmailer (who might be a former agent). Benzema has been taken into custody as a witness to the case, just like Cisse last week who was released without being charged.

Home of Barca Fans