Jose Enrique

Sewelly

Thompson and the Norwegian presenters were just sourcing the usual Sunday morning tittle-tattle.

Enrique will move, but Thomo probably knows nowt.

Hatem Ben Arfa

So now El Mundo Deportivo are saying Barcelona are interested in Jose Enrique!

I guess there could be some truth to this.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20110607/fc-barcelona/jose-enrique-el-toro-de-saint-james-park-el-lateral-que-interesa-al-barca_54166883835.html

I'm just laughing at all those who earlier in the thread belittled Jose Enrique, and I will be laughing at them even more if Barcelona DO actually sign him.

He has been the best performing Left Back in the Premier League this season by far! A Left Backs job 1st and foremost is to DEFEND. Jose has done that better than Cole, Evra, Baines and Clichy this season! Even fans of other prem clubs have acknowledged this! Add to that his play is suited perfectly to the Spanish game, he has fantastic close control, excellent passing, calm in difficult defensive situations and will almost always pass the ball out of the back accurately, not affraid to take the ball when under pressure, oh and did i mention his forward runs and dribbles with the ball would make Messi proud! No one ever seems to get past Enrique and that is all you would want out of a defender.

There is a reason Newcaslte fans sing his name EVERY GAME as loud as Barca fans sing Messi's name after a goal. Except Newcastle fans do it when Enrique always comes out on top in defesnive situations which is A LOT! and when he goes on one of his solo runs.

Yugi

I am not fan of him, actually never heard about him until this day, read something on barcastuff about our interest
He destroyed United in that match as far as i can see
if we cant afford any ultra-top LB like evra (ewwww, too old) or coentrao (loves madrid) then we should think about him next year I would say
adriano was excellent in last matches he played (against real madrid CDR he was motm for me) so give the man 1 year

iookram

So now El Mundo Deportivo are saying Barcelona are interested in Jose Enrique!

I guess there could be some truth to this.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20110607/fc-barcelona/jose-enrique-el-toro-de-saint-james-park-el-lateral-que-interesa-al-barca_54166883835.html

I'm just laughing at all those who earlier in the thread belittled Jose Enrique, and I will be laughing at them even more if Barcelona DO actually sign him.

He has been the best performing Left Back in the Premier League this season by far! A Left Backs job 1st and foremost is to DEFEND. Jose has done that better than Cole, Evra, Baines and Clichy this season! Even fans of other prem clubs have acknowledged this! Add to that his play is suited perfectly to the Spanish game, he has fantastic close control, excellent passing, calm in difficult defensive situations and will almost always pass the ball out of the back accurately, not affraid to take the ball when under pressure, oh and did i mention his forward runs and dribbles with the ball would make Messi proud! No one ever seems to get past Enrique and that is all you would want out of a defender.

There is a reason Newcaslte fans sing his name EVERY GAME as loud as Barca fans sing Messi's name after a goal. Except Newcastle fans do it when Enrique always comes out on top in defesnive situations which is A LOT! and when he goes on one of his solo runs.

Hell yeah.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Barca should sign him now!

And that video above, Jose has played way better than that in games this season. If he joins Barca, you will all be saying why has he not been picked for Spain yet and soon be mentioning him as the best left back in the world. I promise you!

Enrique is better than Maxwell and Adriano! He is perfectly suited to Barca's possession game and never seems to lose a defensive battle with an opposition attacker. He always has multiple 'Thou Shalt Not Pass' moments in every game, then his name will be chanted to the tune of OLE OLE OLE so loud.

We can't go wrong in signing him. I really hope it comes off as it would be a great move for him and his career and a great move for FC Barcelona. Newcastle United owner has no ambition and keeps selling our best players. He's trying to get Enrique to sign a new contract so that he can get a bigger transfer fee as he has only 1 year left on his contract now. Enrrique deserves to win things. I hope he does it at Barca, because Newcastle future is bleak under Mike Ashley.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
We have cooled our interest in him the past month as Dalglish wants Baines, however it is extremely unlikely he will get his wish and only then will turn his attention to Jose Enrique when he finds out we have zero chance of Baines.

iookram

If Barca are really considering Jose Enrique then get him. Amazing composure on the ball, coupled with his good technical foundation. He's a real team player and also way faster than he looks(he's able to keep pace with the likes of Aaron Lennon).

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

We have cooled our interest in him the past month as Dalglish wants Baines, however it is extremely unlikely he will get his wish and only then will turn his attention to Jose Enrique when he finds out we have zero chance of Baines.

Not sure about that one, Everton and Liverpool are not exactly on friendly terms so cannot see Everton considering this.

Sewelly

I am not fan of him, actually never heard about him until this day
, read something on barcastuff about our interest
He destroyed United in that match as far as i can see
if we cant afford any ultra-top LB like evra (ewwww, too old) or coentrao (loves madrid) then we should think about him next year I would say
adriano was excellent in last matches he played (against real madrid CDR he was motm for me) so give the man 1 year

This makes no sense. How can you not be fan of him if you've never seen him play?

Anyway, he's a very good player. He's not as good as Abidal, and not as good going forward as Adriano, but if you want a flat out defensive left back who is going to get the better out of an orthadox wide player every time then he is perfect. He is strong, fast, good in the tackle and confident in possession too.

What I will say is his distribution of the ball and passing in close areas is not as good as the rest of the Barcelona team. He would be out of his depth in this area. Overall though he's going to be available cheap with only a year left on his deal and is an excellent defender.

Banana-Rama

if barca's summer funds are as limited as they are saying then i don't think they will spend 10-15 million on enrique...............

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Barca should sign him now!

And that video above, Jose has played way better than that in games this season. If he joins Barca, you will all be saying why has he not been picked for Spain yet and soon be mentioning him as the best left back in the world. I promise you!

Enrique is better than Maxwell and Adriano! He is perfectly suited to Barca's possession game and never seems to lose a defensive battle with an opposition attacker. He always has multiple 'Thou Shalt Not Pass' moments in every game, then his name will be chanted to the tune of OLE OLE OLE so loud.

We can't go wrong in signing him. I really hope it comes off as it would be a great move for him and his career and a great move for FC Barcelona. Newcastle United owner has no ambition and keeps selling our best players. He's trying to get Enrique to sign a new contract so that he can get a bigger transfer fee as he has only 1 year left on his contract now. Enrrique deserves to win things. I hope he does it at Barca, because Newcastle future is bleak under Mike Ashley.

Jose is not good enough for a top club. He's fine at Newcastle though, IMO. He'll never be the best LB in the world. He's overrated.

Home of Barca Fans