Jordi Alba

jamrock

That's big, If he start, should have started him at home MD1 though.

Was legit before I read this just thinking to myself, balde should stay and shart at least 9 home games against "easier" opposition and 4 away games.

Wouldn't have started him against sociedad though, but I hope he steps up, if true.

JamDav1982

The issue is if Balde plays he wont be allowed a bad half before Alba is on.

While Alba is allowed multiple poor games before it is thought not to be good enough.

Exact same situation with Busi. If eam dont play well with him not in team it is held up as some huge marker of his quality.. even if ignoring fact he was shit in previous 4/5 as team struggled.

There is little realisation that some players are past it and others get nowhere near the same chances as they do.

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta/Xavi is finally starting to push out old guards. Pique, won't see any minutes because he is number five in the depth chart. Now Alba crying because Balde or Alonso will take his minutes.

FinBarcelonafan

Fist game of season. Full stadium. Fans hyped about new team..

Alba sat on steps in stadium looking like would rather be anywhere else... Imagine a real captain and winner leading team out there.

Would not be surprised if he was sitting there feeling sorry for himself and being badly treated for one reason or another. The egos of some of these amigos are too big and they cant handle a hint of doubt. They feel entitled due to past to behave in any way want.

Spot on. Unbelievable attitude from a team captain.

Our choice of captains:

I mean, Busi, Pique, Roberto and Alba..

Yikes! Zero leadership

jamrock

Nah Laporta & xavi won't ever replace the amigos, pique, alba & busquets will start forever lol.

Nah they are fr, pique is out, next is alba and hopefully someone finally steps up and takes the spot from busquets.

JohnN

Alba was a top left back in his good days, but his mentality is piss poor and his legs are not there anymore. Also, Messi made him look better than he is, as many others. We are at fault for not finding a proper replacement for him many years ago.
It's like the fullback position doesn't exist for this team's sporting department.

Home of Barca Fans