Jordi Alba

Givenchy

Xavi does not trust Jordi Alba in defense. [
@ferrancorreas

Huh I wonder what made him think that. :lol:

Xavi does not trust Jordi Alba anymore, especially defensively.
@CatalunyaRadio

Saw this also. FINALLY Xavi is waking up. Pique and Alba done. Now he just needs to realize Busquets cannot be trusted before the next CL humiliation and we might have a chance.

fergus90

Finally. Just a shame it got to be the point where the club let the player become useless without an obvious replacement lined up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sadly Balde is crap defensively as well and we have no one else to play LB.

You keep saying this and sure he's not a superstar defensively, but how can you be certain he won't be a better option than Alba right now? Besides it's not like most FBs in world football right now are great defensively.

TAA, Davies, Hakimi, Theo Hernandez are all poor or very average defenders with very poor fundamentals that all rely on their athleticism, some to a better degree than others. Reece James is the exception being good defensively.

xXKonan

JUST IN: Alejandro Balde is currently Xavi’s CHOICE over Alba. The coaching staff haven’t completely lost faith in Jordi, but they’ve been particularly upset since the game against Rayo Vallecano and his tactical mistakes. [
@fansjavimiguel
] #fcblive

iniestaGOAT

You keep saying this and sure he's not a superstar defensively, but how can you be certain he won't be a better option than Alba right now? Besides it's not like most FBs in world football right now are great defensively.

TAA, Davies, Hakimi, Theo Hernandez are all poor or very average defenders with very poor fundamentals that all rely on their athleticism, some to a better degree than others. Reece James is the exception being good defensively.

TAA is under constant critiscm for his garbage defending and costing Liverpool points. He can afford to do that.

The rest play in farmers league.

Co0ter

Sadly Balde is crap defensively as well and we have no one else to play LB.

Confidence can do a lot for a player, and you get that by starting, especially as a young player. You can tell Balde is mostly focusing on keeping it simple and not making mistakes, but for a young player just starting with the first team, that is a good first objective to strive for.

Lewa was expecting more from him offensively and tried to direct him a few times last game. I cant blame him, but I think Balde will start to make those runs as he becomes more comfortable- he has shown he has the dribbling and pace to do so.

I say keep giving the kid a shot, see what he can do. None of the LB we've been linked with are worth wasting money on since they likely arent better than Alba and not worth keeping Balde from developing. If he develops, we got more money for a DM and RB next year.

Home of Barca Fans