João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is just gambling.
This transfer window either is gonna become a huge success or huge failure. I hope we will not struggle for decades because of those 4 levers and financial management.

The last thing we need is a gambler. We need a leader with a steadfast plan, somebody who knows what he/she is doing, not just rolling the dice.

This transfer window might turn out great and benefit us for many years, but the fact that we will have less TV money than we would have for 25 years alone will hurt us. The 49.5% of Barca Studios sold will hurt us a lot less I think, if they can help it grow exponentially.

Loki

The last thing we need is a gambler. We need a leader with a steadfast plan, somebody who knows what he/she is doing, not just rolling the dice.

This transfer window might turn out great and benefit us for many years, but the fact that we will have less TV money than we would have for 25 years alone will hurt us. The 49.5% of Barca Studios sold will hurt us a lot less I think, if they can help it grow exponentially.

Yes, the 25% less TV rights will hurt us, but it was necessary to remain competitive. Also it's far from crippling, because Spotify alone covered that gap with their 70m in comparison to Rakuten's 40m. Barca Studios is a very good deal, because it wasn't profitable. Now we got 200m and the knowledge to make it profitable in the future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, the 25% less TV rights will hurt us, but it was necessary to remain competitive. Also it's far from crippling, because Spotify alone covered that gap with their 70m in comparison to Rakuten's 40m. Barca Studios is a very good deal, because it wasn't profitable. Now we got 200m and the knowledge to make it profitable in the future.

No, Spotify won't be able to cover it at all. 25% of TV rights based on current numbers is about 42m a year, provided that La Liga TV money doesn't go down, that means we will be short of at least 42m a year for 25 years. And chances are, the TV pie will grow over time, that means while we will receive more for the 75% we still own, we will lose more for the 25% we don't have until we recover it 25 years later.

Spotify pays us 62.5m for everything (men's and women's first team official jerseys, men's and women's first team training kits, plus Camp Nou title rights for the next 5 years), it is more than the 55m we got from Rakuten (which went down to 30m for the 20/21 and 21/22 season due to COVID), but we sold more rights to Spotify not for a lot more money. Not to mention Spotify's deal is likely to be short-term anyways, not 25 years and it will not help us cover the money lost from that 25% of TV money.

Barca Studios IS profitable, it generated 30m of revenue in the 19/20 season and 38.47m in the 20/21 season.

terryzinc

If this gamble fails which in my opinion is more likely... the club will become a bottom club for years unless they are bought out by an Oil State or Billionaire.

They cannot register all their players yet they are still trying to sign Alonso (also tried with Azpi) and B. Silva. It is ridiculous.
Look at all the surplus Depay Auba Roberto etc they can't sell and they can't do enough levers.

This gamble is FAILING so far.

serghei

This is starting to turn into a circle-fest of moaning.

Just stop. Season is about to start.

The club is not willing to accept prolonged mediocrity, and that's it. We either come back or the club will be partially sold.

Sounds hypocritical for us to demand the club to be shit for 10 years when we became fans, 99% of us, because the club was dominating and entertaining us with mega players all these years.

I don't care that much personally if the club is bought by a billionaire that has the funds to keep it operating at the elite level. The brand and the history of this club demands the elite stage without doubt.

Last edited:

serghei

For me personally, Ronaldinho was the one that turned me from a casual fan into a die hard fan expecting every match.

gasgas

Imagine this shitstorm and them still going after bernardo and alonso. I mean, they must have had a backup plan in case frenkie de jong refuses to budge.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is starting to turn into a circle-fest of moaning.

Just stop. Season is about to start.

The club is not willing to accept prolonged mediocrity, and that's it. We either come back or the club will be partially sold.

Sounds hypocritical for us to demand the club to be shit for 10 years when we became fans, 99% of us, because the club was dominating and entertaining us with mega players all these years.

I don't care that much personally if the club is bought by a billionaire that has the funds to keep it operating at the elite level. The brand and the history of this club demands the elite stage without doubt.

New season is about to start, yes, let's hope they know what they are doing and register the players.

AlikSucks

Banned
It would be very strange, if it turned out that no one in the management expected these problems. With all the shenanigans and games, i'd expect all the players be registered in couple of weeks time. If not, then oh wow.

serghei

Imagine this shitstorm and them still going after bernardo and alonso. I mean, they must have had a backup plan in case frenkie de jong refuses to budge.

Would love it. Go big or go home. We are eyeing for the top 2 in the world, and if we get there, and dominate big, the revenue will increase by A LOT compared with being Sevilla level for many years.

The team has potential to bring in big money, but you need to be very very popular to draw crowds and sponsorships of that level. La Liga and their salary cap fucked us and forced us to go this way (let's not even talk about Barto's demolition job, it's been well covered).

Let's face it, struggling into mediocrity for 5 years until salary cap is cleared would not have worked, however romantic of a though banking on a new La Masia golden generation would have been. 5 years is a really long time.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Would love it. Go big or go home. We are eyeing for the top 2 in the world, and if we get there, and dominate big, the revenue will increase by A LOT compared with being Sevilla level for many years.

The team has potential to bring in big money, but you need to be very very popular to draw crowds and sponsorships of that level. La Liga and their salary cap fucked us and forced us to go this way (let's not even talk about Barto's demolition job, it's been well covered).

Let's face it, struggling into mediocrity for 5 years until salary cap is cleared would not have worked, however romantic of a though banking on a new La Masia golden generation would have been. 5 years is a really long time.
Hey, at least it's exciting for us to watch a competitive team with great players. We've suffered enough these past years.

serghei

Hey, at least it's exciting for us to watch a competitive team with great players. We've suffered enough these past years.

For me, I selfishly confess, it's the most important thing. :lol:

No point in hiding behind the bush.

I was on board with some bad years, but I didn't expect all of our targets to be so on board with current Barca. It's like anyone who we wanted was hooked on playing for us.

Sounds like even Bernardo would board the plane tomorrow if we could afford him.

Gari

FZ--IVoWQAUC9Q_

FZ-_PujXEAM34-J

He did it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans