João Laporta

Messigician

Should include tie outcome in this. Wouldn't include 2016/17 PSG matches in the narrative as we proceeded to the next round. Atletico Madrid were close games as well.

Liverpool, Roma and Bayern are the three big blows of the 2010's. But the team was always in the winner conversation, given the 2015 CL triumph. I don't want to talk about the complacency in 2017/18 and 2018/19. That's Valverde stuff.
Juve 3-0 was a blow

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The way he handled the departures of Messi, Koeman and now Xavi who are three of the biggest legends in club history is a disgrace to be honest.

Regardless of your feelings about those three I don't think anyone can agree with how all of this was handled. And if you've got interest in FCB Basket then he did the same with another club legend there Saras.

Messigician

The way he handled the departures of Messi, Koeman and now Xavi who are three of the biggest legends in club history is a disgrace to be honest.

Regardless of your feelings about those three I don't think anyone can agree with how all of this was handled. And if you've got interest in FCB Basket then he did the same with another club legend there Saras.
Fatporta is jealous of players he has a fragile ego

FCMessi

Gave Xavi a pass for losing all titles then fired him for telling the truth (Barca completely broke) that everyone already knows.

Birdy

Hope people will remember that and all his other misdoings in 2026

FCBfan22

Hope people will remember that and all his other misdoings in 2026
The problem is, that the alternative is a bunch of criminals that overpaid everyone and financially crashed the club.

So, as things stand now, it's either burning to death or drowning. Really hope for an alternative to Laporta and Rossell's mafia. But I just don't see it as they are chained into those offices.

Birdy

The problem is, that the alternative is a bunch of criminals that overpaid everyone and financially crashed the club.

So, as things stand now, it's either burning to death or drowning. Really hope for an alternative to Laporta and Rossell's mafia. But I just don't see it as they are chained into those offices.

Font is also an alternative and doesn't belong to Rossell's mafia

Messi983

Imagine Font is elected new president and his first move is to bring back Xavi.

Suddenly Birdy will turn into the biggest Xavi fan. :troll:

Messigician

Xavi: "I repeat, the club's situation is very difficult. We do not have the ideal situation to compete in the best conditions, I repeat, this is the club's situation at the moment and fans must understand that. From here we adapted to everything. We were flexible in everything that the sporting directors, the president, told us, we understood the situation at every moment."

unbelievable

companyofcules

He ruined the squad of Koeman then moved all the guilt on him.
He faked keeping Messi.
Then did with Xavi. For me Xavi totally deserved it since he made no protest against this hit jobs, but it was a fiasco nevertheless.
Now I need to acknowledge that the situation is quite desperate and making catalans happy is difficult.
he needed to respect Xavi and give him extra credit, but also Xavi failing to build a growing project and his ego needed a sacking.
He is fighting a lossing war on 3 fronts and he is probably stumbling from mistakes but the strategy wasn't bad.
Got a tone of money to avoid bankruptcy while building a successful team that would earn money and will fill the new stadium that will allow to pay the debts in time.
Let's hope Flick pulls a miracle and his plan works in part.

companyofcules

No we were choking before then like that infamous Bayern game in 2013
That was a walk over from Bayern, given the situation was expected.
Liverpool totally expected, the team was shit, except Messi.
Inter just a regular hit job from UEFA.
Atletico and Juve were just regular losses from a team lacking key players and structure.

Choking was with Chelsea in 2012 and Roma, but with Roma the team was hilarious so I will go only with Chelsea.
i really hate this type of clap-trap nonsense. You have it or don't.
The most insane choking was vs Steaua Bucharest and Milan. Vs Milan it was a horror event and I still think Cruyff pulled a EV move with all his genius.

Home of Barca Fans