João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.culemania.com/palco/lap...sin-reverter-avales-estatutos_602604_102.html

Dark days ahead... I don't know if Laporta is worth the benefit of doubt any more, from the hirings that he has made, it is a pretty scary and telltale sign of what we are going to become.

Looking forward to 5 years later already.

The risk that Bar?a runs is that the entity will be deprofessionalized in favor of an excess of cronyism in the governing bodies of the club. Laporta wants loyal people by his side to avoid crises like those he had in 2005, with the departure of Sandro Rosell, Bartomeu, Faus, Moix and Mon?s, or that of 2008, where Ferran Soriano, Marc Ingla and a few other managers resigned. Laporta fears that his bed will be made and wants absolute power. However, there is a risk of incurring negligent efforts such as the one represented by the entry of Joan Oliver when he replaced Anna Xicoy or of having a CEO who always goes to the sound of the president, as happened to ?scar Grau with Bartomeu.

mc_lovin

As long as Laporta puts real talent in key positions I don't mind him going for family and friends in minor roles. It's not a great look, but I couldn't care less as long as the club progresses.

JamDav1982

As long as Laporta puts real talent in key positions I don't mind him going for family and friends in minor roles. It's not a great look, but I couldn't care less as long as the club progresses.

It is not minor roles and even if it were it should never happen they should have a job based on relationship with him and not ability to do the job.

Both are not on. Barca is not his play thing to employ friends and family.

A lot of the 'real talent' are leaving the club already.

mc_lovin

We are talking Laportas sister and the likes? She's head of inclusion or something like that.

I don't see how this is connected to Reverter, who's obviously a major loss. But truth be told I am not that informed on this matter, so I will hold back.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are talking Laportas sister and the likes? She's head of inclusion or something like that.

I don't see how this is connected to Reverter, who's obviously a major loss. But truth be told I am not that informed on this matter, so I will hold back.

Not just his sister. The list is pretty long:

- Holger Bittner, who has joined as project manager in the commercial area and who comes from Aqipa Ib?rica, of which the first vice president, Rafa Yuste, is a founding partner.
- Bryan Bachner, who was hired to head the all too important Hong Kong office. The executive was the director of CSSB Limited, the company advised in the past by Laporta and controlled by Joan Oliver (who was Barca CEO under Laporta before) that led to the bankruptcy of Reus Deportiu.
- Pere Lluis Mellado, who was hired by Laporta to join the legal services, he worked for the club between 2004 and 2010 and was secretary of the board of directors of Reus Deportiu with Joan Oliver in its rise and decline of professional football.
- Manana Giorgadze, hired by Laporta's as chief of staff, he was Laporta's trusted person in his law firm.
- Paloma Mikadze, Manana Giorgadze's daughter, was appointed head of digital strategy with zero experience and against the advice of many in the club.
- Marta Segu, Laporta's cousin, was hired to lead the Barca Foundation.
- Jordi Portabella, hired to head the sustainability area. The former ERC politician ran for mayor of Barcelona City Council in 2011 through a coalition with Laporta, who was his number two in the Unitat per Barcelona (UxB) candidacy. It is unknown what his experience is in this area, key especially in the development of Espai Barca.

Meanwhile, Reveter is the 5th business executive that has resigned so far since Laporta took over.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The more I read into the different analysis on Reveter's departure on these Catalan and Spanish sites, the more I believe the so-called differences between Reveter and Laporta over "organizational model" or "ownership model" might not actually be about selling stakes of the club or turning the club into a SAD, rather they are about philosophical differences over how the club should be run, ie. roles and responsibilities, who has the power to make decisions and final calls etc. They talk about Laporta's "presidential model" where the president gets very hands-on with all the decision-making on the business side of the club vs. the "Germanic model" embodied by Bayern which is desired by Reveter, where business decisions are left to the professionals and experts and the president of the club is not as involved.

If this is the case, then absolutely we should adopt the "Germanic model" over the "presidential model". Perhaps after Laporta leaves, we can finally start that transformation and change.

Joan

There is no way Reveter left because he got a better offer. Someone with his resume and results could've easily gotten a major job in Barcelona before. The signs aren't good.

Messigician

🚨[@fansjavimiguel🥇] | Joan Laporta has fired the club's Chief Medical Officer Ramon Canal, who was at the club since 2006. His replacement will be Dr. Xavier Corbella, whose arrival will become official next week. #fcblive

Goodbye legend

iniestaGOAT

So far only mistske laporta has made has been nor firing koeman early but can't fault him too much for that. Don laporta has a soft heart

delancey

So far only mistske laporta has made has been nor firing koeman early but can't fault him too much for that. Don laporta has a soft heart

Let?s wait and see how much money he gets from the Spotify deal. No reason why one of the biggest football brands shouldn?t be on par with Real Madrid?s sponsorship earnings. In fact, Real Madrid should be our benchmark.

JamDav1982

Let?s wait and see how much money he gets from the Spotify deal. No reason why one of the biggest football brands shouldn?t be on par with Real Madrid?s sponsorship earnings. In fact, Real Madrid should be our benchmark.

There are plenty of reasons why Barca would not get same deal as Real Madrid who signed theirs with BBC led team winning multiple CLs.

It is as if folk just act like board didnt think ask for more money.

If brands thought it was worth it to sponsor Barca for more they would make contact.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans