João Laporta

delancey

There are plenty of reasons why Barca would not get same deal as Real Madrid who signed theirs with BBC led team winning multiple CLs.

Since 2009/2010, Real Madrid have only won 3 La Liga Titles. We have won 7. Again, since 2009/2010, we have won 2 CL titles. Real Madrid have won 3. In addition, RM haven?t won it since 2017/2018. And they play boring and defensive football. We won the CL in style, every single time.

I would also argue that Real Madrid?s inflated sponsorship deal is more due to the club having made the decision to work with a Middle Eastern sponsor (something that Laporta has decided against, IIRC). In fact, I bet that we?d receive the same amount from a Middle Eastern corporation or a crypto company if our hierarchy were hellbent on maximizing profit.

Like I said, I don?t think anyone views Barcelona as inferior to Real Madrid. Manchester United had a great deal in place with Chevrolet. What have they accomplished since Ferguson left? Yet their brand is still viewed as one of the greatest, with millions of followers all around the world. Similar to us, right! Just that we have been significantly more successful over the last 10-15 years.

JamDav1982

Since 2009/2010, Real Madrid have only won 3 La Liga Titles. We have won 7. Again, since 2009/2010, we have won 2 CL titles. Real Madrid have won 3. In addition, RM haven?t won it since 2017/2018. And they play boring and defensive football. We won the CL in style, every single time.

I would also argue that Real Madrid?s inflated sponsorship deal is more due to the club having made the decision to work with a Middle Eastern sponsor (something that Laporta has decided against, IIRC). In fact, I bet that we?d receive the same amount from a Middle Eastern corporation or a crypto company if our hierarchy were hellbent on maximizing profit.

Like I said, I don?t think anyone views Barcelona as inferior to Real Madrid. Manchester United had a great deal in place with Chevrolet. What have they accomplished since Ferguson left? Yet their brand is still viewed as one of the greatest, with millions of followers all around the world. Similar to us, right! Just that we have been significantly more successful over the last 10-15 years.

Real had bigger brand name prior to that and won 4 of 5 CLs.

Barca had nothing like that in recent years.

Man Utd deal with Chevrolet they sacked folk over and the next deal was reduced.

United are in most popular league also.

delancey

Real had bigger brand name prior to that and won 4 of 5 CLs.

Barca had nothing like that in recent years.

Man Utd deal with Chevrolet they sacked folk over and the next deal was reduced.

United are in most popular league also.

You think Barca just didnt think to ask for more money?
I think our hierarchy is prioritizing a socially responsible sponsor with a strong reputation over one that may backfire in the future (crypto, ME money, etc). I bet most fans would prefer Spotify over VeganNation, for example. That is the primary reason why we may earn less than we could have had we chosen a more controversial alternative.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think our hierarchy is prioritizing a socially responsible sponsor with a strong reputation over one that may backfire in the future (crypto, ME money, etc). I bet most fans would prefer Spotify over VeganNation. That is the primary reason why we may earn less than we could had we chosen an alternative.

They tried to make a crypto deal with Laportas mate but backfired when he was arrested for sexual assault and company accused of fraud.

They took Barca to play in Saudi Arabia for cash and even deal with Spotify is not seen as all that squeaky clean.

Dont think being socially responsible factors in as much as you make out.

delancey

They tried to make a crypto deal with Laportas mate but backfired when he was arrested for sexual assault and company accused of fraud.

They took Barca to play in Saudi Arabia for cash and even deal with Spotify is not seen as all that squeaky clean.

Dont think being socially responsible factors in as much as you make out.

Why isn?t the Spotify deal seen as all that squeaky clean?

JamDav1982

Why isn?t the Spotify deal seen as all that squeaky clean?

Recent controversies about Joe Rogan etc if want that. I am not saying there is anything wrong with deal but if go down the idea of being socially responsible it is never ending and dont agree that is what club are at.

As said Saudi money and dodgy crypto deals dont point to and huge social idea either.

delancey

Recent controversies about Joe Rogan etc if want that. I am not saying there is anything wrong with deal but if go down the idea of being socially responsible it is never ending and dont agree that is what club are at.

As said Saudi money and dodgy crypto deals dont point to and huge social idea either.
I would argue that the controversy from Neil Young?s recent temper tantrum pales in comparison to the potential risks of being associated with companies that may have links to human rights violations or facilitating widespread crypto fraud, et al! It?s not only about maximizing profit but also about protecting our own brand from unnecessary controversy and risk.

I just hope that we get a deal that is on par with being one of the biggest clubs in the world. We should be closer to Real Madrid than Arsenal in total sponsorship earnings.

JamDav1982

I would argue that the controversy from Neil Young?s recent temper tantrum pales in comparison to the potential risks of being associated with companies that may have links to human rights violations or facilitating widespread crypto fraud, et al! It?s not only about maximizing profit but also about protecting our own brand from unnecessary controversy and risk.

Dont agree.

They have not been rejecting deals due to their social stance.

They have been linked to Saudi and took their money as I said and you are the one who brought up crypto when they made a deal with Laportas dodgy mate they had to cancel.

Of course they want to protect brand as much as Real and other top clubs. Doesnt mean they are rejecting deals those other top clubs wouldnt.

Not sure what relevance you think likes of Vegan Nation has.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the fumble we made with the Israeli NFT company was strictly due to Laporta's own failings and his traits of nepotism and relying on personal dealings and connections etc. But that shouldn't make them reject all cryto currency companies, they are not all the same. Unless the club thinks crypto currency and NFTs itself is ethically questionable or the entire line of business is unstable to sustain a multi-year sponsorship deal which I doubt Laporta does, I don't get why they are rejecting those companies.

JamDav1982

I think the fumble we made with the Israeli NFT company was strictly due to Laporta's own failings and his traits of nepotism and relying on personal dealings and connections etc. But that shouldn't make them reject all cryto currency companies, they are not all the same. Unless the club thinks crypto currency and NFTs itself is ethically questionable or the entire line of business is unstable to sustain a multi-year sponsorship deal which I doubt Laporta does, I don't get why they are rejecting those companies.

Clearly they are not rejecting crypto currencies for any of those reasons when tried to make a deal with them already.

It is a nonsense claim to make out they have decided to keep out of crypto currencies deals and already proven.

Could go further and say they actually have less of a stance on that than other top clubs when tried to sign that deal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Clearly they are not rejecting crypto currencies for any of those reasons when tried to make a deal with them already.

It is a nonsense claim to make out they have decided to keep out of crypto currencies deals and already proven.

Could go further and say they actually have less of a stance on that than other top clubs when tried to sign that deal.

Well, rumor has it that some cryto currency companies offered more than Spotify and Laporta didn't like the idea. Hence I asked.

We do have our fan token, a form of cryto currency I suppose, through Chiliz. That's about it, I think.

delancey

Dont agree.

They have not been rejecting deals due to their social stance.

They have been linked to Saudi and took their money as I said and you are the one who brought up crypto when they made a deal with Laportas dodgy mate they had to cancel.

As far as the main shirt sponsorship is concerned, the club surely values being associated with socially responsible brands with values that align with our own. VeganNation/ME company vs Spotify.

We played one game in Saudi Arabia this year as a result of La Liga and Tebas signing a super cup agreement with Saudi Arabia. That was a decision made by LL, unless all clubs voted for the agreement?

The Agreement with the Israeli company was foolish. I agree. Hopefully we learn from it.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

As far as the main shirt sponsorship is concerned, the club surely values being associated with socially responsible brands with values that align with our own. VeganNation/ME company vs Spotify.

We played one game in Saudi Arabia this year as a result of La Liga and Tebas signing a super cup agreement with Saudi Arabia. That was a decision made by LL, unless all clubs voted for the agreement?

The Agreement with the Israeli company was foolish. I agree. Hopefully we learn from it.

We played Maradona memorial game which was all about money

delancey

We played Maradona memorial game which was all about money
Indeed, it was! I forgot about that game. Thanks for correcting!
My point however was that the consequences from playing a game in Saudi Arabia are very different from signing a long-term agreement with a company whose values do not align with our own, and the long-term risks associated with such an agreement.

Regarding Crypto, just the other day, the US justice department seized 3.6B USD in Crypto and made two arrests. These incidents would not have reflected well on the club if we had been associated with the company involved in the aforementioned fraud.

Anyhow, let?s hope that we get an agreement that is on par with the sponsorship agreements of other top clubs.

Last edited:

Porque

Well those individuals stole from an exchange. It would be no different to rejecting a deal from Citi because of bank robber.

Home of Barca Fans