João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't believe the socis will vote to turn the club into a SAD and sell stakes of the club itself, at least not any time soon. Barca Corporate is different, they are separate corporate entities set up by the club and owned by the club, each has its own accounting etc.

JamDav1982

I don't believe the socis will vote to turn the club into a SAD and sell stakes of the club itself, at least not any time soon. Barca Corporate is different, they are separate corporate entities set up by the club and owned by the club, each has its own accounting etc.

It will happen eventually when choice is that or get left behind.

Barca corporate is the start of it regardless of how it is set up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It will happen eventually when choice is that or get left behind.

Barca corporate is the start of it regardless of how it is set up.

Barca Corporate was not set up to pave the ways for the club to be turned into a SAD or to be sold eventually, they were set up (actually with a lot of foresight, credit to Bartomeu) to diversify and broaden our future revenues. I think as long as we can get by, we won't go that route. Madrid is fine, Bayern is fine, unless other clubs start making some movement in that regard, I don't see it happening.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also I question how it is going to work, if we were to sell stakes of the club. Do we become a publicly traded company with stocks on the market like Dortmund, Juventus and Manchester United etc.? In that case, exactly how will the investors make money, profiting from the prices of the stocks going up? But these football club stocks see very little movements either way, I don't know how one can make a lot of money from holding the stocks alone. Or taking a % share from our profits each year?

With Barca Corporate entities I can understand more in terms of the potential motives of investors wanting to own part of them, because they are all profit-driven entities with specific things to sell or market, whether it is merchandise or entertainment products, IP or technologies etc.

JamDav1982

Barca Corporate was not set up to pave the ways for the club to be turned into a SAD or to be sold eventually, they were set up (actually with a lot of foresight, credit to Bartomeu) to diversify and broaden our future revenues. I think as long as we can get by, we won't go that route. Madrid is fine, Bayern is fine, unless other clubs start making some movement in that regard, I don't see it happening.

Again irrelevant why it was set up as never set up to be sold either until the downturn.

It will be start of it and will go bit by bit until Barca are on similar set up as Bayern.

There was already stories months back about Barca and Real trying to change the status of their clubs to allow this to happen.

Windhook

I think Reverter pushed for a similar to Bayern model, where 75% of the club is owned by members, the rest 25% are divided between Audi, Adidas and Allianz. All three companies are Bavarian in origin.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In Bayern's case, their stocks are not publicly traded but they do issues dividends apparently (or did in the past), I don't know how exactly the 3A's make money off of Bayern. Taking a portion of their profit every year? But that's not much at all. I think their ownership of Bayern is perhaps less about making money but more about using Bayern as a vehicle or platform to advertise and market themselves.

Windhook

I think their ownership of Bayern is perhaps less about making money but more about using Bayern as a vehicle or platform to advertise and market themselves.

It has to be this. All three companies are generating much bigger revenue than the market value of Bayern, no point in taking 8% each of club's profit which is peanuts in comparison.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It has to be this. All three companies are generating much bigger revenue than the market value of Bayern, no point in taking 8% each of club's profit which is peanuts in comparison.

But then on the other hand, precisely because they are so big and all very influential companies and brands already, do they really Bayern to make them purchase those shares? Perhaps there was also some Bavarian, or German brotherhood charity mindset that was at play.

Windhook

But then on the other hand, precisely because they are so big and all very influential companies and brands already, do they really Bayern to make them purchase those shares? Perhaps there was also some Bavarian, or German brotherhood charity mindset that was at play.

I believe so. The Bavarian things is apparently there and means keeping things traditional. What big companies does Catalonia offer? SEAT are based in the region...

khaled_a_d

I think what Jam points to is something like Unicef deal, it was used in ways to make us sell jersey rights.
Initially it was for "charity" but the reason was to pave the way for selling the Jersey rights later.
Maybe that is the point of selling the Barca studios, to make it 1st step to accept selling the club itself

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think what Jam points to is something like Unicef deal, it was used in ways to make us sell jersey rights.
Initially it was for "charity" but the reason was to pave the way for selling the Jersey rights later.
Maybe that is the point of selling the Barca studios, to make it 1st step to accept selling the club itself

If so, then I hope the conscious socis will veto it.

Home of Barca Fans