João Laporta

Messigician

Currently, Spotify will only pay ?5m for the title rights of the Camp Nou, but the fee will increase when the new stadium is finished. Also, Bar?a might play at the Montjuic Olympic Stadium during a full season, which has also affected the negotiation.

? @mundodeportivo https://t.co/QF0BX81XoY

Just exclude the naming rights zzz

malvolio

my suspicion and a purely speculative opinion is that the disagreements were over the espai barca deal, money involved and how that money will be handled.

it's not the first time the catalan elites have used a gigantic project to siphon money out of it through companies of friends that 'happened' to get building contracts. i'm talking about the building of the camp nou.

espai barca is a similar project in magnitude. and the money around it will surely have caused some stir between business men in catalunia. same business men that own media channels and support barca board candidates.

the spotify deal, ownsership model or transfer of ferran torres just don't seem to me as major issues that can't be tackled or discussed.

Messigician

my suspicion and a purely speculative opinion is that the disagreements were over the espai barca deal, money involved and how that money will be handled.

it's not the first time the catalan elites have used a gigantic project to siphon money out of it through companies of friends that 'happened' to get building contracts. i'm talking about the building of the camp nou.

espai barca is a similar project in magnitude. and the money around it will surely have caused some stir between business men in catalunia. same business men that own media channels and support barca board candidates.

the spotify deal, ownsership model or transfer of ferran torres just don't seem to me as major issues that can't be tackled or discussed.

Not wrong

Laporta is using same architect from 2007 or something

serghei

Xavi Torrres claiming the issue is the future structure of club as fan owned.

Reverter wants it to be like Bayern and 51% fan owned and other 49% private investment while Laporta wants it 100% fan owned.

The idea being from Reverter Barca are not a club of this time and stuck in past and how can they be worth billions and have cash flow issues.

Wait for it... Reverter will appear at next election running for President with this issue at core of Laporta v Reverter.

Last bit made up by me not included in Torres claims..

Reverter is right in terms of finances. Laporta is right in terms of club identity.

But Laporta has to understand this is a new era of football, with more money than ever. Galactico teams will not be built again without hundreds of millions spent.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Reverter is right.

I agree they need to change the model and stuck in past if they want to be fully competitive with EPL and the oil barons.

Laporta probably agrees but sees it as something he cant go back on would be my guess but surely the most sensible thing is to present the case for and against both and let the socios vote on it at the very least.

My comment on Reverter appearing at next elections was tongue in cheek but can easily see that being one of main areas of debate at next election particularly if Real go ahead and push on with changing their model

A few years ago there was no sponsor and the thought of a stadium name was seen as impossible. It is a natural step that will happen but can lose ground if get left behind by likes of Real.

Last edited:

Messigician

" The news Reverter wanted 49% of the club owned by corporations is completely untrue, the figure is closer to 20%"
-MundoDeportivo

Messigician

I doubt someone who knows the history of that club (or even Madrid) would make such a demand.

Seems like a way to paint Reverter badly and paper over why Reverter would be against Spotify and Israel deals and spending such an amount on Ferran when your financially struggling.

serghei

Laporta has to do something and get this man back on board. You don't need yes men to pamper your ass around in key positions, that is Bartomeu's road.

behindbrowneyes

Incidentally, the departure of other executives in the club could indeed have something to do with this fundamental issue and key question about ownership model. As is well known, some personalities made it into this junta, among other things, because their contribution was needed to reach the minimum required to guarantee the club's finances. However, since this regulation was abolished a few weeks ago, it could certainly provide an opportunity for Laporta to remove personalities who he did not like from the Junta Directiva on this (and possibly other) issue.

Messigician

Incidentally, the departure of other executives in the club could indeed have something to do with this fundamental issue and key question about ownership model. As is well known, some personalities made it into this junta, among other things, because their contribution was needed to reach the minimum required to guarantee the club's finances. However, since this regulation was abolished a few weeks ago, it could certainly provide an opportunity for Laporta to remove personalities who he did not like from the Junta Directiva on this (and possibly other) issue.

Interesting

malvolio

it's basically what happens when any politician runs for a top position. he has to pay back the people that got him there.

it is always about money - sponsorship deals, ownership model or espai barca project.

Messi983

Reverter is right in terms of finances. Laporta is right in terms of club identity.

But Laporta has to understand this is a new era of football, with more money than ever. Galactico teams will not be built again without hundreds of millions spent.

Regardless of what Laporta wants (I don't think he's personally against selling part of the club) he knows there is no way socios would support that.

Home of Barca Fans