Jeremy Mathieu

F4THi

Banned
At least he doesn't keep moving back and back and back and back and back until Aspas can shot the ball and score like he is doing it for fun :)))))

God Serena

We sold Bartra to play Mathieu... WTF did we do that for? :facepalm:

Bartra didn't cost any money and is less experienced. A La Masia product has to be much better to get to play here than a big money signing has to be. If Bartra ever put in performances like this he'd have never been promoted from the B team and with good reason, but I doubt this even affects how Lucho sees Mathieu in his pecking order.

hardyboy

Since he has removed his miniscus tissue he has become far worse. Should be offloaded in January. He is done at top level...

Last edited:

F4THi

Banned
Poor Mathieu, one mistake and everybody lose their minds, while Busquets costs the team 2 goals and makes it 2-0 and nobody cares !

serghei

Busquets is in poor form, but a brilliant proven player. He is expected to get much better going deeper into the season. Mathieu on the other hand is just an average defender. Always been one, save for a few games a year in which he plays better than his normal level. And his place in the team only exists in Lucho's mind. Only way he should play is only if there's no one else available or if the opponent is very weak, so that said team can't speculate his obvious flaws.

FC B

Had such a shit game but it is not his fault for being on the pitch, he should be Barca's ultmiate last ever CB reserve no matter what.

RaidersGunz

Can somebody kindly explain to me how a payer like Mathieu is playing for Barcelona? Not disrespect, but he's quite bad. I remember we signed Silvestre when he was 32, and whenever I saw his name on the team sheet I cringed so hard.

Why don't Barca buy a good back up CB who is reliable? You have Pique/Umtiti as the starters, which is great.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Some football-manager fickle fans. Mathieu has had far more good games at CB than bad games, he's actually only had a couple of games as I remember that weren't great. As LB he had some terrible games, but not as CB. I still wouldn't start him over a fit Umtiti, but we can't have 6 world class CB's waiting on the bench. And Mathieu will most probably be offloaded in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans