Jeremy Mathieu

Kuchi

He was solid, but in fairness Valencia was piss poor up front, desperately trying to get out of their own third with all sorts of desperate attempts..

Again, he is in form and looks very solid, was really impressed with his Malaga performance and that is a good thing, we need an aerial beast on form.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Thought he was terrific, assured in possession and constantly looking to push up. Bartra, by contrast, was clearly rusty but pretty poor in possession

serghei

He was up the field, in attack. He played a ridiculously poor cross outside the box which lead to Sporting's counter and thus goal.

That's why he should never play in a position which would make him to go up the pitch. He's always the last one to get back and there's a massive hole where he is supposed to be.

Mediocre game imo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was actually very fast to get back. Busquets was covering that player and failed.

But I agree with you. Playing as CB he shouldn't have been in that position. Was too far up and wide (maybe be forgot Adriano was lb).

mark1nhu

He was actually very fast to get back. Busquets was covering that player and failed.

But I agree with you. Playing as CB he shouldn't have been in that position. Was too far up and wide (maybe be forgot Adriano was lb).

He was high on pitch because be made an early interception to recover the ball.

Then he carried the ball for too long (his mistake), got trapped on the left and tried the cross.

Not a bad play if he was a LB, because the cross could have worked, but definitely risky being a CB against a counter attack team like Gijón.

I love the man, but I put 75% of goal fault on him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The counter was superbly worked by sporting, the pass from Marlboro wasn't even that bad just a fraction behind luisito. Overall he had a solid game bar that counter

Home of Barca Fans