Jeremy Mathieu

SeloBarca

Heh messed up royaly on the offside trap when Ronaldo hit the bar.
Otherwise good performance.
But he lacks some awareness.

anguy

The ginger wall played great yesterday. 2 solid games from him against top teams. Wonder what's going to happen now Busi is back. Will Masch start at CB again?

Mascherano will start at CB against teams, that are not very dangerous in the air and lesser teams in La Liga. Mascherano only started against City, because they don't have better headers, than us. But against PSG, Bilbao, Real etc. it will be Mathieu.

Zangash

Banned
Mascherano will start at CB against teams, that are not very dangerous in the air and lesser teams in La Liga. Mascherano only started against City, because they don't have better headers, than us. But against PSG, Bilbao, Real etc. it will be Mathieu.

No it won't. Mascherano starts against everyone as first choice alongside Pique no matter how dangerous in the air the opponents are, because he's Mascherano. Otherwise he'd find himself on the bench in every single game because his inefficiencies render any aerial balls, whether it be a cross or a goal kick, as major threats to our goal when they come his way.

He will start against PSG (Again), he will starts against Real (Again), he will start against Atleti (Again), and he will start against Bilbao (Again), all as CB.

This much is certain.

DrPepper

No it won't. Mascherano starts against everyone as first choice alongside Pique no matter how dangerous in the air the opponents are, because he's Mascherano. Otherwise he'd find himself on the bench in every single game because his inefficiencies render any aerial balls, whether it be a cross or a goal kick, as major threats to our goal when they come his way.

He will start against PSG (Again), he will starts against Real (Again), he will start against Atleti (Again), and he will start against Bilbao (Again), all as CB.

This much is certain.

Yep. The only way he doesn't start at CB is like yesterday, when Busquets is injured...

You can just hope that Mathieu continues to impress. That way, no place for Mascherano.

anguy

This much is certain.

I don't think so. Maybe earlier in the season it was true, but lately even with Busqets healthy it seemed to me that Lucho had "small" lineup with Mascherano and "tall" with Mathieu/Bartra. And like I said Lucho played him at CB in first Real match, but he was afraid of Madrid air threat to use tall Mathieu on LB.

Zangash

Banned
I don't think so. Maybe earlier in the season it was true, but lately even with Busqets healthy it seemed to me that Lucho had "small" lineup with Mascherano and "tall" with Mathieu/Bartra. And like I said Lucho played him at CB in first Real match, but he was afraid of Madrid air threat to use tall Mathieu on LB.

What is this "Lately" you speak of?

Lucho has small game players and he has big game players. Every single big game we play, regardless of the opposition, sees Mascherano played at CB unless Busi is unavailable, with no exceptions.

serghei

Really? How many goals did we receive from set pieces with Mascherano as a CB so far this season? Defending set pieces is a team effort and the reason we are better at that chapter is because Lucho worked intensively to fix the issue. Not because of height.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Really? How many goals did we receive from set pieces with Mascherano as a CB so far this season? Defending set pieces is a team effort and the reason we are better at that chapter is because Lucho worked intensively to fix the issue. Not because of height.

I'd like for you to bold and highlight where I said set pieces. You bolded something, but set pieces wasn't it.

Home of Barca Fans