Jadon Sancho

serghei

Halaan looks exception to typical Bundesliga hyped attacker, but if he failed in his next club it will be terrible look for the league.

He will take a hit as well due to less space imo, but would still deliver top from the get-go in another league.

Jadentheman

Halaan looks exception to typical Bundesliga hyped attacker, but if he failed in his next club it will be terrible look for the league.

Dortmund wins. They got a lot of money from Dembele, Sancho, and Pulisic. And they still have Haaland and Gio Reyna left to cash in. And the cycle repeats with more of their hyped up academy players coming up and taking those empty spots. Dortmund uses that money tobe a more likable club for it's fans. Their tickets are cheap.

Laplacian

Dortmund wins. They got a lot of money from Dembele, Sancho, and Pulisic. And they still have Haaland and Gio Reyna left to cash in. And the cycle repeats with more of their hyped up academy players coming up and taking those empty spots. Dortmund uses that money tobe a more likable club for it's fans. Their tickets are cheap.

I don't see that as a win. They could be winning the league and CL with the amount of talent that comes through their team, and they just keep on selling. They're stuck on the perpetual cycle of developing and selling young players, at this point it feels like they'll never take the next step to become Bayern's challengers.

HanDW

Haaland has proved himself in the UCL massively and even vs world class opposition, as good if not better numbers than in Bundesliga.

Laplacian

I know some people are already meme'ing and placing him amongst the Pulisics and fucking Dembele, but just look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00n0y7DWw5w

Look at the first 5minutes. It's just Sancho's little touches whilst pressured by players and in tight spaces. I genuinely can't see how anyone can claim he's successful because of the space provided in bundesliga, control and skill with the ball is his specialty. Compare Dembele's technique at Dortmund and compare Sancho's first 3 seasons there, it's just several tiers apart.

I might be wrong of course, but I think players with his attributes can succeed anywhere. I will take the L if I'm wrong but I'm confident he'll succeed as a player, he looks way too good with the ball and is one of the few flair players with intelligence playing in top flight football; it'll suck if he flops, cause after Neymar retires there will be no one left to enjoy lol.

The combination of subtle shoulder drops, the balance, the skill, the control, trickery...it's almost in Neymar's and Hazard's tier of aesthetically pleasing technique and dribbling. Almost.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I know some people are already meme'ing and placing him amongst the Pulisics and fucking Dembele, but just look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00n0y7DWw5w

Look at the first 5minutes. It's just Sancho's little touches whilst pressured by players and in tight spaces. I genuinely can't see how anyone can claim he's successful because of the space provided in bundesliga, control and skill with the ball is his specialty. Compare Dembele's technique at Dortmund and compare Sancho's first 3 seasons there, it's just several tiers apart.

I might be wrong of course, but I think players with his attributes can succeed anywhere. I will take the L if I'm wrong but I'm confident he'll succeed as a player, he looks way too good with the ball and is one of the few flair players with intelligence playing in top flight football; it'll suck if he flops, cause after Neymar retires there will be no one left to enjoy lol.

The combination of subtle shoulder drops, the balance, the skill, the control, trickery...it's almost in Neymar's and Hazard's tier of aesthetically pleasing technique and dribbling. Almost.

I don't think he has the acceleration and top speed to be able to take on players. He looks like a "reactive" winger who can go past a man if they lunge at him, but can't go at a static defence on his own. Sort of like Hazard really, but much worse. In fact, he looks very bad when isolated against a defender on the wing, and that is where a top winger is supposed to be in his element and be able to easily dribble past the marker.

Laplacian

I don't think he has the acceleration and top speed to be able to take on players. He looks like a "reactive" winger who can go past a man if they lunge at him, but can't go at a static defence on his own. Sort of like Hazard really, but much worse. In fact, he looks very bad when isolated against a defender on the wing, and that is where a top winger is supposed to be in his element and be able to easily dribble past the marker.

I disagree with you man. He doesn't have Rashford/Dembele levels of pace, but he is still a quick player. Especially his change of acceleration is good enough to beat most players. Hazard was a top forward and he was never a speedster, they're pretty similar in terms of pace. He has looked dull at United so far I agree, but I've followed him over the past two seasons and his take on ability is one of his main attributes. Just look at the moment where he clearly baits a static opposition player with skill alone in minute 4:39, so many wonderful bits of the same type of skill used to beat players he used back in 18/19 and 19/20 as well.

I'll wait for the end of the season to see if the skills I see in him carry on into the PL. Until then

HOPE.

serghei

Hazard profile, sure, but don't think he is much worse and can certainly get close to Hazard at Chelsea if he improves. Don't think Hazard at Lille was better than Sancho was at Dortmund.

Laplacian

Hazard profile, sure, but don't think he is much worse and can certainly get close to Hazard at Chelsea if he improves. Don't think Hazard at Lille was better than Sancho was at Dortmund.

To extend the discussion on the "Hazard profile wingers", I think the exposure of super speedsters in top teams have distorted people's perception of what a top dribbler needs to take on players. In my opinion, the best elite PL players in dribbling in the past few years has been Hazard and Riyad Mahrez. Mahrez is a tier below Hazard's peak but he was insanely good for Leicester and is really good at City. Neither of these players are speedsters.

Insane speed certainly makes things easier but it is not a requirement. Use of shoulder drop, your first one to three steps, and reading of the opponent. Thiago is far from being quick and he is excellent at taking on players. Pogba isn't either, but he is excellent. The best example is Messi, who's no longer a speedster, is on the slower side, and is still one of the best in the world when it comes to dribbling.

I think reading the opponent, anticipation, spatial awareness, and skill/technique is the most important attribute for dribblers.

Joan

His lateral speed is good, even though he's not a speedster. Think he'll succeed there.

Porque

4 games, 183 minutes at Man Utd is a wee bit too early to draw conclusions on Sancho.

Like the guys who were calling Havertz a flop.

Sometimes you got to sit back and let the situation brew, not jump in quickly.

Jenks

yesterday he had several opportunities to take on his man but he looked very timid. not sure why

To me he looks like he's scared to make a mistake. The play went through him at Dortmund but at United he's just another player. I think he just needs to be more aggressive with his runs and his dribbling and everything really. It's not like the other players (Fernandes especially) don't give the ball away when trying things.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hazard chelsea was another level, he was the best Pl player when he was in mood there. I dont think Sancho will reach that level but he will definitely improve, he needs a bit time to adapt to PL.

Home of Barca Fans