Jadon Sancho

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hazard profile, sure, but don't think he is much worse and can certainly get close to Hazard at Chelsea if he improves. Don't think Hazard at Lille was better than Sancho was at Dortmund.

Hazard chelsea was another level, he was the best Pl player when he was in mood there. I dont think Sancho will reach that level but he will definitely improve, he needs a bit time to adapt to PL.

feggydinho

To extend the discussion on the "Hazard profile wingers", I think the exposure of super speedsters in top teams have distorted people's perception of what a top dribbler needs to take on players. In my opinion, the best elite PL players in dribbling in the past few years has been Hazard and Riyad Mahrez. Mahrez is a tier below Hazard's peak but he was insanely good for Leicester and is really good at City. Neither of these players are speedsters.

Insane speed certainly makes things easier but it is not a requirement. Use of shoulder drop, your first one to three steps, and reading of the opponent. Thiago is far from being quick and he is excellent at taking on players. Pogba isn't either, but he is excellent. The best example is Messi, who's no longer a speedster, is on the slower side, and is still one of the best in the world when it comes to dribbling.

I think reading the opponent, anticipation, spatial awareness, and skill/technique is the most important attribute for dribblers.

just to add, the best player in dribbling in the prem has to be Adama (the guy literally glides past players, and still has good feints). shame about his end product though

Laplacian

subbed off after 37-min-disasterclass. A flop in the making

Dude he was so shit in those first 30minutes lmao
Like I could not believe my eyes, don't think I've seen even Dembele perform that bad. Was too slow and always a step behind in decision making.

Hope it's just nerves but man if he keeps it up we're seriously going to have to stop rating players from the bundesliga

FinBarcelonafan

If this dude flops then i will never believe in Dortmund's young players anymore.

Dortmund produces flawed footballers. Look at Dembele. A lot of his "talent" came for giving him 100% freedom to do whatever he wants on the pitch. He didn't learn to defend, press, fight for the ball.. basics of football.

Dortmund is all about raising the price of the players (inflating offensive stats).

Givenchy

It's too early to write him off completely but what were people expecting? he's not a generational level talent like Haaland/Mbappe and reading some United forums, it seems they were expecting a winger with blistering pace, something Sancho isn't. United would of been better off buying Grealish imo or a DM

His numbers were massively inflated by Bundesliga style also, Haaland will get a pass for his CL exploits.

Anyways, I still think he'll come good, just needs to find his role in the team. Not sure if true but I heard he missed most of preseason also so it's clear he'll take extra time to adjust.

Sterlingfan2000

It's too early to write him off completely but what were people expecting? he's not a generational level talent like Haaland/Mbappe and reading some United forums, it seems they were expecting a winger with blistering pace, something Sancho isn't. United would of been better off buying Grealish imo or a DM

His numbers were massively inflated by Bundesliga style also, Haaland will get a pass for his CL exploits.

Anyways, I still think he'll come good, just needs to find his role in the team. Not sure if true but I heard he missed most of preseason also so it's clear he'll take extra time to adjust.

Grealish isn't fast either. They should have bought Maximin

vuji_31

Dortmund produces flawed footballers. Look at Dembele. A lot of his "talent" came for giving him 100% freedom to do whatever he wants on the pitch. He didn't learn to defend, press, fight for the ball.. basics of football.

Dortmund is all about raising the price of the players (inflating offensive stats).
Agree.

Home of Barca Fans