Jadon Sancho

Andresito

Staff member
True. I'm very skeptical about Germany league now. Way too many players look good there. Just look at Jovic, Dembele, Werner and Paco etc.

Germany league is made for offensive players look good

Kagawa and Mkhitaryan as well. Shinji produced 13 goals and 12 assists when United bought him. Mkhitaryan on 11G+20A.

Now I'm sure Sancho is a much better player than these two so I don't really doubt he'll be a bigger success. But he might not produce Salah type of numbers in PL like he's done in Germany, but let's see.

Messi983

Borussia Dortmund CEO Watzke confirms: “There’s an agreement with Manchester United for Sancho. It was Jadon's express wish to change, we would have liked to keep him. We are not happy about the money but sad that he’s leaving”

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Standard verbiage from Dortmund after buying low with an intent to sell high later. They are happy about it for sure, especially given they have large financial holes to fill, like most clubs.

Jenks

With regard to Southgate not playing him, that's a combination of not knowing what to do with him, and an unease with what he does - or more specifically doesn't do - off the ball.

I think United is a decent move for him. He needs to be somewhere he'll be pushed constantly, somewhere that will bench him when he's not producing. Dortmund has been great for him up to a point, but it became a situation where even a casual performance from him looked more appealing to the manager than what he had to replace him with.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He will not live up to the price tag. Booook it

Lacks what a lot of young hotshot players do, discipline. Agree with [MENTION=9654]Jenks[/MENTION], he needs to be pushed because I too often saw a lazy player. United still lack on the pitch leadership and until they find it, it will be difficult to maximize the potential

Porque

We don't need Sancho. We already have 5 players in the B team who missed penalties in a shootout last season.

Last edited:

Givenchy

He'll be a star at United, finally someone worthy of the #7 (not Ronaldo good but still), don't think he'll produce those Bundesliga stats in the PL but after a few seasons he'll be their main man

I'm wary about hyped up Bundesliga talents especially from Dortmund after Dembele but as Yannik can attest to, Sancho is a different level

Yannik

I'm wary about hyped up Bundesliga talents especially from Dortmund after Dembele but as Yannik can attest to, Sancho is a different level

I would certainly say so yes. So far my tipps on Bundesliga exports have not been too shabby the past few years and in this case I'd say that the only one I had a better feeling with was De Bruyne. Certainly a lot more confident for this one, than for some of the past few sales aka Dembouz, Werner or Havertz. I can see him have a decent, though not yet outstanding debut season as he will have to adapt to PL beforehand. But he should be in full swing in his second season at the very latest. That is of course unless Ole is being a weirdo and as long as he stays injury free which so far has not been a major concern in his career.

Last edited:
In terms of G/A this season, how would you define flop?

Idk but I watched him in the cl and in Germany vs bayern and he has never played well. I think he's another player who is massively inflated from playing Bundesliga and their teams who can't and won't defend for shit. He's terrible for England too. I just don't see him making any real difference vs good teams

Home of Barca Fans