Ibrahim Afellay

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everybody,

i'm a new barca fan since Afellay transferred to your club. I think there are enough other barca fans that became fan because they followed a particular player that transfered there, so there's no shame in that i hope.

I've been following Afellay since his dreamstart at PSV. Now i find myself watching every Barca game hoping he's coming on.
I myself was very nervous when he came on Saturday, turns out he was to.
That wrong pass close to the 16 box really got me worried. I'd shoot that ball very far at that point, but thats why i dont play for barca.
But all in all, although it seemed he slowed down the game, i think he helped keeping the ball on barca's side even if it ment walking back to the middle line.

Offcourse i will not just follow afellay from now on, that wouldnt be smart when watching a 90 minute game everytime which he might not be brought on the pitch.

Good to have you with us!

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Welcome to the forum kaisers0ze! It doesn't matter how you find the club as long as you follow it ( doesn't have to be your favourite one ).
Afellay seems pretty thin or maybe we're just seeing things, time will tell. Bojan on the other hand needs beefing up.

kaisers0ze

Thank you Twizku, im fooling around with the profile picture, somehow i cannot get it to work. I see it when im on my profile, but not on my posts.

Yea, i saw afellays weigh in, he seemed mighty thin, but somehow strong also. When running shoulder to shoulder, he makes even the biggest dutchmen fall. And the average dutch guy is very tall. Maybe its determination, i dont know.

W

woobie

Twizku, if you've seen the naughty photos of him on the men thread you wouldn't say that. :D

Welcome to kaisers0ze!

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Twizku, if you've seen the naughty photos of him on the men thread you wouldn't say that. :D

Welcome to kaisers0ze!
Do you mean Bojan or Ibi? Please tell me in the "Men" thread because this is Ibi's thread and I doubt that people would like for us to continue on this conversation over here :D

Mocro

Didnt look as nervous as the last match. Surely he ll play more when Barca will defend the 5-0 lead over Betis...

kaisers0ze

Didnt look as nervous as the last match. Surely he ll play more when Barca will defend the 5-0 lead over Betis...

No he didnt. Kept the ball for his team well, almost as he did for Psv. Here in Holland the opponent needed a fault to get him of the ball most of the time... this proves what i ment with him being skinny but somehow strong on the ball.

Still i wish for more danger in the 16.. enough matches to come i think...

i love the barca crowd cheering for this guy! very supportive!

La Pulga

ibi said a couple of days ago: Pep keeps telling me to have fun on the pitch. when that finally happens affelay could become a great asset in the barcelona-avalanche

Home of Barca Fans