Harry Kane

El Gato

Villarato!
Dont really think there's much in this discussion
a) Levy wont let him go and even if he did
b) United is probably a more attractive venue for his goals; they're likely to be as close to CL as Real next season if Kane were to join them and can match any offer financially plus
c) only positive advice about RM Bale would of passed onto him is about golf fields around Madrid

Andresito

Staff member
If Levy is reluctant to sell he's probably even more reluctant to sell to a PL rival.

Madrid should try to go for him though. Kane's only dilemma is if he wants to smash the record in England or have a chance at winning trophies.
He's either staying a year and then going for free to a PL rival, or joining Madrid now. If I were Levy I'd choose the latter and at least get some money for him plus avoid seeing him at another English club.

khaled_a_d

Never understood the hype about "EPL top scorer" as it is basically a title for 30 years only. For top flight record he is far behind and unlikely to match Greaves record.
Almost everywhere else but EPL they count record for entire history and not just after rebranding.
And going to Manu could help him to get that weird record, sure. But it will also give him equal chance of matching Gerard record of league titles, but without winning a CL.

Unless Halaand leaves City next summer and Pep still wants Kane, I think going abroad is the best solution for everyone involved.

El Gato

Villarato!
Never understood the hype about "EPL top scorer" as it is basically a title for 30 years only. For top flight record he is far behind and unlikely to match Greaves record.
Almost everywhere else but EPL they count record for entire history and not just after rebranding.
And going to Manu could help him to get that weird record, sure. But it will also give him equal chance of matching Gerard record of league titles, but without winning a CL.

Unless Halaand leaves City next summer and Pep still wants Kane, I think going abroad is the best solution for everyone involved.
Dont think United are any less likely to win a CL in the next 3-4 years than RM

Granted the goals record is a weird one, but what else is there for Kane to be passionate about?
Winning crappy quality Liga doesnt hold the same prestige anymore and a good chance they can at the very least compete for the Prem against City in coming 2 seasons if can improve regularity and be less dependent on certain names in defense while he and Rashford share the load in attack

Seems a Bale/Owen like attitude to things
In that he could be good on professional level, but could equally sulk when subjected to the same performance standards when already this old.
Almost seems he cares about England NT more than most other achievements.
Dont think he's ever been fussed about going abroad.
Even if did he wouldnt likely stay beyond 1 contract, maybe till 35/36 if lucky. Granted his daughters being 5 and 6 would probably cope fine but dont see benefit of making that choice on personal level.

khaled_a_d

Dont think United are any less likely to win a CL in the next 3-4 years than RM

Granted the goals record is a weird one, but what else is there for Kane to be passionate about?
Winning crappy quality Liga doesnt hold the same prestige anymore and a good chance they can at the very least compete for the Prem against City in coming 2 seasons if can improve regularity and be less dependent on certain names in defense while he and Rashford share the load in attack
Don't think Manu will be favourites for EPL in next few years, with the presence of City, Chelsea & Newcastle. Never mind Arsenal and Liverpool.
A lot will depend on new owners but United already has FFP problems, paying for Kane will mean it is their only big transfer this summer.
It is just too much of a risk of him.
I have absolutely no idea what is his preferences , but if he wants trophies I don't think staying in EPL is the smart thing to do.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't think Manu will be favourites for EPL in next few years, with the presence of City, Chelsea & Newcastle. Never mind Arsenal and Liverpool.
A lot will depend on new owners but United already has FFP problems, paying for Kane will mean it is their only big transfer this summer.
It is just too much of a risk of him.
I have absolutely no idea what is his preferences , but if he wants trophies I don't think staying in EPL is the smart thing to do.
Dont think it matters to him to be a favourite, I think he more wants to be in position where he can push a team to win a title rather than have a guarantee to be in a fight

Chelsea are shite and have lots of work to do so dont agree they'll be up there this year
Newcastle are a coin toss too
Arsenal and Liverpool closer IMO but got their own issues and are probably within United's reach

FFP he shouldnt care for. United have some issues (reliance on fitness of certain players at CB, lack of depth in some positions) but can be solved with some good sports direction and they havent exactly been terrible under ETH

Blackened

Best player in the league and best striker itw this season.

That Rottenham team is dreadful.

For me the third best striker of this era after RL9 and Pacman.

Best long passing you'll see in a striker.
Who pulled you out of RL9's ass this morning, shit stain? Having said that, Harry Kane is vastly underrated. Should join a bigger club.

Andresito

Staff member
Kane odds:
1.90 Spurs
2.75 United
4.00 Madrid
21.00 Bayern

Can't see him joining United. With Benz staying, 1.90 is a pretty good deal. Levy will probably want to keep him for another year.

Morten

Bayern going after him now, Perez needs to stop waiting around for Mbappe, get us players we need right now.

If Bayern can afford Kane, RM certainly can.

Temptation

Kane to Bayern yo!!!!

This timeline is insane.

Would have preferred to see him at Real personally.

Going to another physical league might cut his career short by a few years. La Liga would have suited him and his body.

Morten

Kane to Bayern yo!!!!

This timeline is insane.

Would have preferred to see him at Real personally.

Going to another physical league might cut his career short by a few years. La Liga would have shifted him and his body.

Uhm...he hasn't signed yet, why are you acting like he has?

Though he probably will.

Home of Barca Fans