Harry Kane

Nazario1985

Been scoring a bunch of clutch goals for Spurs this season, but since Haaland exists nobody talks about him anymore, must suck.

He was much talked about because he is an English man so viewed and the new golden boy.

He is good, but nothing outstanding worldwide.

Meanwhile as soon as son have a slip in performance, he gets demolished.

fergus90

Surely he'll want Shearer's record more than a Bundesliga Title?

Also Harry is a very London kinda guy. He's settled in London and a total family man. Can't see him leaving England with Shearer's record in reach.....

Maybe, but he was fully prepared to leave London for Citeh wasn't he. All footballers want silverware over anything else surely?

fergus90

City would enable him to break the PL record even faster plus win trophies whilst staying in England. Win win...

Which was why he surprised me by ultimately staying. Felt like that was his final chance at joining a title winning club in England.

Temptation

I'd choose Bayern if I were him.

I'd rather be known as the highest PL scorer ever than win a Bundesliga with Bayern.

If you add CLs to it maybe I can change my opinion....

But Individual accolades are so much more glorious. You become a part of history and people constantly refer to you.

Most Football fans don't rate winning Bundesliga with Bayern anyways.....

Andresito

Staff member
I'd rather be known as the highest PL scorer ever than win a Bundesliga with Bayern.

But Individual accolades are so much more glorious. You become a part of history and people constantly refer to you.

Tru it makes a bigger dent in the history books.

But while possible, there's still the risk of him never actually reaching Shearer. Also, always the risk of losing out on the record in the future. At least a title can never be taken away from you.

Maybe he's gotten used to the lack of trophies that the record is now his only goal.

Morten

Wait, are you admitting that Lewandowski, your favorite player and supposedly best number 9 of his generation, has won little of note in his career?

Temptation

Wait, are you admitting that Lewandowski, your favorite player and supposedly best number 9 of his generation, has won little of note in his career?

I'm talking about the perception of the Bundesliga.....not the actual reality.......RL9 also won it with Dortmund

Jenks

He'd be stupid not to go to Bayern. I don't think he'll beat Shearer's record even if he does stay in England.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

One Bundesliga title > an individual record in PL in the history books. Kane's career will be referred to as a tragedy if he stays at Tottenham. He's not winning the PL there. Even Totti has a Serie A.

Nazario1985

Huge difference between Highest scorer of anything while being brilliant and Wining things, and top scorer by just ... being there for too long.

If he ever ended up top scorer of the PL, in less than 10 years people will need to open a wikipage to remember his name.

But nobody will ever forget a Rooney / Ronaldo ...etc

Most people specially the youngsters have no idea that Shearer is the highest PL scorer even when they recognize that name.

And when you tell them that, the reaction is like "oh yeah? ok ".

Temptation

Huge difference between Highest scorer of anything while being brilliant and Wining things, and top scorer by just ... being there for too long.

If he ever ended up top scorer of the PL, in less than 10 years people will need to open a wikipage to remember his name.

But nobody will ever forget a Rooney / Ronaldo ...etc

Most people specially the youngsters have no idea that Shearer is the highest PL scorer even when they recognize that name.

And when you tell them that, the reaction is like "oh yeah? ok ".

Bro you just negated your point by making the Shearer point since he has won the PL with Blackburn.

The point is many players have won League Titles. But how many are the topscorer in a World Class League's history??

I really don't understand the obsession with these team trophies. Trophies are the most important thing for a CLUB. An individual is different.

Wayyyyy too many people have a League medal but hardly anybody gets these kinda individual records.....

Home of Barca Fans