Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
5-3-2 doesn't work quite well against the stronger opponents IMO. Argentina lose the possession of the ball like that, which means more encouragement to the opponents to attack. And Argentina's defence and the GK are not good enough to stand strong against the elite forwards.

Argentina's attack is the team's best defender I say. Going full retard defensive will destroy Argentina. Sabella better realize that by what he saw in the first half tonight.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Here's Rojo's rabona in his own area LOL.

[video]https://vine.co/v/MInUJ9d2EzD[/video]

Busi-Messi Barca

They were good in the second half, maybe switched off a bit last twenty. Players like Di Maria and Aguero were a little of their best and as a team they can only get better. Things didn't quite click for Argentina tonight and they won 2-1, by the time the quarters come hopefully the team is in full flight and firing on all cylinders. :)

BarcaGirl

Fun fact: Argentina's journey for their first World Cup trophy (1978) began with a 2-1 win against an eastern european team (Hungary)

:)

AURELIUS

They will step it up. They are rusty. They have used 3-5-2 effectively when teams attack them so still a viable option.

For most of the game the whole team was in second gear. However Romero managed to produce his usual trademark bum error.

zanela

I'm very content with ARG's aerial defense. And I thought Romero had a good game. (the goal he conceded was more bad luck than poor gking imo)

Won't comment on the attack.

Some positives for BIH. One of which was Spaha's performance. Hopefully shut up the hater I was listening to pre-match. And ofc, the young lad Besic. :)

Kerrybai

The whole Argentina team is poor, why pick on Messi? Sabella has work to do at half time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Iv'e only ever seen him post with contempt for Messi. I can only imagine how happy he is watching Messi play poorly.

I have to agree. He simply doesent run :( as he dosent care about the team, he doesent run not even if the ball is 3m from him, defensively he does absolutely nothing

We get, it's been 12 months now and people still harp on about this. How can you enjoy Messi if your going to be so fixated on his running.

Last edited:

Yugo Count Dante

Muhamed Besic is a beast!!!! Any big club should land this gem.

Also Bosnia in general looking solid, finally fitting in.

I just realized I don't really care how the game will end. This is our first WC game ever, and I will love it even if we lose 5:0 or more. I do hope we'll do our part to make this a beautiful game of football. Go Bosnia! :)
YESSS! feel the same.

Also our only player not performing well was Dzeko... the others showed they play with their heart. Fell in love with Besic also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Dzeko had a very tough task. In the first half he had to deal with at least 2 defenders an in the 2nd half it was all Argentina for most of the time and Bosnia was busy defending.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Argentina obviously the best team in the tournament

they're gonna win it
LOL. They are pretty average, actually. That said, none of the teams are super impressive in terms of squad, none truly stand out and scream "WE ARE FAVOURITES". Really is hard to pick a winner. I do hope Argentina can win though.

F

Flavia

LOL. They are pretty average, actually. That said, none of the teams are super impressive in terms of squad, none truly stand out and scream "WE ARE FAVOURITES". Really is hard to pick a winner. I do hope Argentina can win though.

That's a good thing. And now the other nts supporters are also sing their hymns a capella, which I hope might dilute this psychological advantage Brasil seemed to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans