Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVBarcaFan

Muhamed Besic is a beast!!!! Any big club should land this gem.

Also Bosnia in general looking solid, finally fitting in.

YESSS! feel the same.

Also our only player not performing well was Dzeko... the others showed they play with their heart. Fell in love with Besic also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. I feel a heart attack coming on every time players like Pjanic try to dribble the ball out of their own box and risk losing possession. Over all, it was a good performance by Bosnia. Besic is really good; he won't be at Ferencvaros for much longer. I still think we'll get out of the group as runners-up.

Richard.H

I'm sorry but no way in hell Argentina is gonna go far. I don't care how well Messi plays, their midfield and and defense is very mediocre compared to other top sides.

I just really hope that Messi does well and shuts his critics. I hope he has a game or two where he COMPLETELY carries his team to victory. If he doesn't then I fear the whole nation of Argentina will turn their backs on him.

Alik

I'm sorry but no way in hell Argentina is gonna go far. I don't care how well Messi plays, their midfield and and defense is very mediocre compared to other top sides.
You mean compared with top sides like Brazil and Spain?

BarcaGirl

Messi: "We prefer a more attacking system. Us strikers prefer to have more support, which we didn’t have in the first half."
Sabella: "It is true that we failed in parts, in part because of my own mistakes."

Credit for Sabella for recognising his mistake and changing the tactics at halftime.

PaulFCB

Banned
Mistakes or not, the team is shit, they can't beat big teams, hopefully they catch Portugal in the QF and they snatch some semi's and leave it as they were an OK team, after all, that's what they did in 1990.
Mascherano is the 2nd best player of the team, FFS :lol:.

Messi_Goal

The first half was garbage due to 5 at the back, hopefully Sabella doesn't play that formation again but credit to him for changing the formation and making 2 subs at half time.
2nd half was much better with Messi running the game and scoring a typical Messi goal, Hopefully his ankle is ok, He was running fine just after getting trod on.

It is a slow start to the world cup for Argentina but how often do teams start on fire in the group stages only to bomb out in the second round or quarter-Finals. As long as Sabella sticks with a similar formation to the second half (I would actually play 4-2-3-1) its a fine start to the World Cup..Its better to improve as the the tournament goes on than start on fire.

Last edited:

Alik

Mistakes or not, the team is shit, they can't beat big teams, hopefully they catch Portugal in the QF and they snatch some semi's and leave it as they were an OK team, after all, that's what they did in 1990.
They won without ref's helps and they didn't get thrashed 5-1. So far in the tournament that's good.

PaulFCB

Banned
And if Spain would've played Bosnia and not Holland everybody would've said they are OK and have chances to win the trophy.

AURELIUS

Laughable comments here. They are still rusty. Some of the players are not match fit. They played the game yesterday at almost second gear and they can improve enormously.

As I thought Sabella will wind them up through the group stages using them as preparation. He experimented in the group game yesterday, changed his mind considering Bosnia were all behind the ball and it paid off. The players will get sharper and fitter over the next two matches and should have a reasonable tie in the round of sixteen when they will really motor.

I've seen Argentina peak too early before and then go out when it matters. Under Sabella things will be different. Over the next two games I expect Higgy will play over 100 minutes along with Gago to get them up to speed.

Lavezzi, Perez also bled into the team. Maxi remains an excellent option to replace di Maria when needed. The sole question mark remains over Romero. Still dropped a clanger late on.

Richard.H

You mean compared with top sides like Brazil and Spain?

Do you honestly think Argentina will beat sides like Germany, Holland, Italy, or even Spain? I see Argentina even struggling with Portugal. CR will have a fun day with that defense.

Brazil I agree with you, but Spain is still Spain, I'm sure Del Bosque will make adjustments to improve the team.

Not to sound arrogant, but if you disagree with this, seriously go back and watch the match again. Pjanic was absolutely toying with their mid.

The argument about them being rusty is really far-fetched. Didn't they play a friendly a week or two before the world cup?

Last edited:

AURELIUS

What is shit are your infantile comments. How old are you ? Five ?

Chainsaw

Killahead
Do you honestly think Argentina will beat sides like Germany, Holland, Italy, or even Spain? I see Argentina even struggling with Portugal. CR will have a fun day with that defense.

Brazil I agree with you, but Spain is still Spain, I'm sure Del Bosque will make adjustments to improve the team.

Not to sound arrogant, but if you disagree with this, seriously go back and watch the match again. Pjanic was absolutely toying with their mid.

The argument about them being rusty is really far-fetched. Didn't they play a friendly a week or two before the world cup?

You don't have to start drama after one match.

Del Bosque can make adjustments to improve the team but Sabella can't??! It was a poor performance last night but doesn't mean that's all to see from Argentina.

PaulFCB

Banned

They might beat Spain who looks helpless and seeing Messi v. Pique would be a joy, but that's out of the question, as they would probably only be able to face them in the final.

Spain-Argentina Final, that would be the shock of the century.

What is shit are your infantile comments. How old are you ? Five ?

OK. We'll talk when they will face a strong team, till then you win, Argentina is a great team :VdB: :mou: :xavi:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans