Gonzalo Higuain

S

Super Pippo

I think the term is scape goat Gio. I don't think goats would be a very good choice for a get away car in a bank robbery. :D

Co0ter

Pedro is still young, only 22 (the same age as Higuain) so I'm not writing him off or saying he can't improve. He CAN improve. However my original statement was Higuain is twice the player Pedro is...which is indeed true in my mind. Pedro can "improve" into the player Higuain already is...get it? He's done some huge things for us and had a couple of good performances but that doesn't change the fact that a few large aspects of his game are lacking. And yes, his passing is pretty awful. He's made a few key passes but you can't ignore the fact that the majority of the time his passing is very bad, especially even with simple passes across the front of the net. I appreciate what he's done for us but I'm still far from sold that he should be our starting LW.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he is a good goalscorer though. also higgy has been in that team for a while now pedro just broke into the team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Will he be able to perform with his national team? I don't deny he's a great goalscorer but once again, Argentina's build up is almost non-existent...

barca96

Valdano came out and defended Higuain and slammed the Spanish press for looking for an escape goat .
" a player make one mistake and suddenly all the 3 years of service is forgotten " " Higuain contract will be renewed we have time and we want to keep him till he retire in Real Madrid "

shiit.
was really hoping man city would come in for him.
even if madrid rate him at 40mil, city will pay.

Beast

The Observer
Will he be able to perform with his national team? I don't deny he's a great goalscorer but once again, Argentina's build up is almost non-existent...

He already did in the qualifiers in his debut with Maradona (at last ) and just scored two weeks ago vs Germany with a typical Higuain goal

desoe

Higuain did some really bad misses against Lyon, but he scored so many important goals for RM (league title goals, to be specific), that if I was a madridista I'd probably forgive him for this :D

That Espanyol game at Bernabeu in 2006/07 .. grrrr ....

Beast

The Observer
He was never taken as the culprit in Lyon game , he made two mistakes and it wouldn't affect how we rate him or how much he love him.
It's that Marca witch hunt to get rid of Higuain & Pellegrini
Valdano was spot on when he attacked Marca for attacking Higuain and today Santi Segurola the Marca chief Editor had to back track and say "it will be a colossal mistake if Real Madrid sold Higuain "
they couldn't turn the fans , the socio's or the management on the kid and now they had to back track and support him

Bitch

Co0ter

Argentina have a ton of good strikers. They could easily play a 3-3-4 but Maradona's choice of midfielders has been terrible. He needs to start Messi on the right, Higuain in the middle, not sure one who I want to start as LW yet but not DiMaria- put him as left AM with like Pastore on right and Mascherano as defensive mid. The defense isn't all that bad either-no really good young defenders but he'll have to rely on experienced guys like Samuel and Heinze to play top notch. The main problem has been Argentina's midfield has been incapable of controlling possession.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
choked again!!

Advice to whichever club he's gonna be shipped out to, DO NOT make him your main man... Always keep him under some bodies shadow and he's gonna do wonders for you:beer2:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to call him a choker when everyone in his team had a below par game except Casillas.
He´s still one of the best forwards out there.

Beast

The Observer
Cause the other 10 men wasn't there , Higuain is a forward not Messi .

how many chances did Real Madrid create for him ?

You got your answer there

Home of Barca Fans