Gianluigi Donnarumma

slicknick

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IF (and only if) the following article is farce, then ter Stegen is still likely to leave....
http://www.lavanguardia.com/deporte...sociales&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

As for Bravo, he has been inconsistent lately, not to mention he is 33 years old...
Donnarumma, on the other hand, is 17, could potentially keep us covered in the GK position for 14-15 years

We won't know for sure until the next season, but I'd put my bet on a switch next season.

Donnarumma seem to be a very good talent, but right now that's what he is. A talent. He's not had a full season yet, and we have no idea whether he'll survive when the pressure is higher, and heats up. Whether he's mentally strong enough to be back after the inevitable bad patch or mistakes.

That's the making of a World Class GK. To not crumble after a few bad moments. Barca have had a few GKs just in the last decade and half that's not made it because of that, GKs that were far more established and quite talented as well.

Let's see if Donnarumma is up for it. He should ideally stay at AC Milan for at least 3-4 years, for the sake of his own development.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We won't know for sure until the next season, but I'd put my bet on a switch next season.

Donnarumma seem to be a very good talent, but right now that's what he is. A talent. He's not had a full season yet, and we have no idea whether he'll survive when the pressure is higher, and heats up. Whether he's mentally strong enough to be back after the inevitable bad patch or mistakes.

That's the making of a World Class GK. To not crumble after a few bad moments. Barca have had a few GKs just in the last decade and half that's not made it because of that, GKs that were far more established and quite talented as well.

Let's see if Donnarumma is up for it. He should ideally stay at AC Milan for at least 3-4 years, for the sake of his own development.

While I agree with the general idea tht we don't need him,Donnarumma isn't just a talent.The guy is an exceptional talent tha look possibally like once in a generation GK tbf.
And at the age of 16 & 17 he handled some enormous pressure,I mean you don't think playing with Mulan into the cup final against a way superior team is enough pressure? the kid just got the nerves of steel.
It isn't like MATS was more proven in that aspect when he 1st came or that he didn't cracked under pressure earlier this year

DonAK

While I agree with the general idea tht we don't need him,Donnarumma isn't just a talent.The guy is an exceptional talent tha look possibally like once in a generation GK tbf.
And at the age of 16 & 17 he handled some enormous pressure,I mean you don't think playing with Mulan into the cup final against a way superior team is enough pressure? the kid just got the nerves of steel.
It isn't like MATS was more proven in that aspect when he 1st came or that he didn't cracked under pressure earlier this year

Sure, he's had a great start to his career, but it once again comes back to my other point.

He's just played one season. Will he recover after setbacks? Will he play as well or better next season or the season after?

And yes, ter Stegen was more proven than him. Ter Stegen had over 100 games for Gladbach and even played for the German National Team, and he hasn't cracked under pressure here. After his early showings this season and the fact that he never had the opportunity to play regularly in a new team and league, he's still here and in line to be our league keeper next season.

slicknick

Federico Marchetti(33) of Lazio is called up to the Italian Euro 2016 squad instead of him....What an absolute joke!!! :angry:

Not to mention Sirigu who has warmed the PSG bench all season :angry:

navidjaan

Why are people even bothered about him coming to Barça? He can't pass to save his life, and we have ter Stegen for the next 10 years at least.

Messi983

Federico Marchetti(33) of Lazio is called up to the Italian Euro 2016 squad instead of him....What an absolute joke!!! :angry:

Why do you care about that? He wouldn't play even if he were called up. Maybe they'll call him up for U19 Euro. He's still only 17 and his time for senior team will come.

Why are people even bothered about him coming to Barça? He can't pass to save his life, and we have ter Stegen for the next 10 years at least.

Exactly.

DonAK

Marchetti is quite decent tbh.

It's like Spain in 2012 or Germany in 2014.

Spain could have selected De Gea, but they didn't. Germany could have selected ter Stegen, Leno, but they didn't then either.

Inexperience.

Now both De Gea and likely Sergio Rico will be selected, while ter Stegen and Leno are also in the Germany Squad.

Can't bring a 17 year old inexperienced player to a competition like this and bet on him if a GK gets injured.

Because most rumors is that he is our priority in case MATS leave.But obviously Stegan will stay.

I very much doubt that's true. Names like Rulli have come up as well and is far more realistic in case MAtS leaves. We're never signing someone like Donnarumma this early in his career if one of our GKs leaves.

Last edited:

slicknick

While I do understand we need a more seasoned keeper, his raw talent cannot be looked down upon...Granted, his distribution needs to improve but which keeper was perfect at the age of 17?

slicknick

Marchetti is quite decent tbh.

It's like Spain in 2012 or Germany in 2014.

Spain could have selected De Gea, but they didn't. Germany could have selected ter Stegen, Leno, but they didn't then either.

Inexperience.

Now both De Gea and likely Sergio Rico will be selected, while ter Stegen and Leno are also in the Germany Squad.

Can't bring a 17 year old inexperienced player to a competition like this and bet on him if a GK gets injured.

Lack of experience? Then how the hell is Meret (19), the substitute keeper of Udinese, in the preliminary squad? At least Donnarumma is the No.1 keeper of the Italy U21 squad

[tw]734743082546122752[/tw]

https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896/status/734743082546122752/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Last edited:

DonAK

Lack of experience? Then how the hell is Meret (19), the substitute keeper of Udinese, in the preliminary squad? At least Donnarumma is the No.1 keeper of the Italy U21 squad

[tw]734743082546122752[/tw]

https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896/status/734743082546122752/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Perhaps because Conte rates him higher, I guess you could argue Donnarumma deserved to be in the preliminary squad ahead of him. I don't know, but it doesn't matter anyway as neither of these guys are gonna be in France this Summer.

You're going a bit OTT with this Donnarumma thing. For all we know, this Meret guy might be Buffon's successor a few years forward and not G.D lol.

slicknick

Perhaps because Conte rates him higher, I guess you could argue Donnarumma deserved to be in the preliminary squad ahead of him. I don't know, but it doesn't matter anyway as neither of these guys are gonna be in France this Summer.

You're going a bit OTT with this Donnarumma thing. For all we know, this Meret guy might be Buffon's successor a few years forward and not G.D lol.

Just think he is a very good talent who seemed to be quite hardworking and committed (though I fully agree that it is the very beginning of his career)...I'd go OTT for any young talent who would look promising TBH, did exactly the same for the likes of Messi, Pogba and etc...Just that Gigi is no exception...I'm sad to hear it seems to have gotten on your nerves...Wasn't my intention

Home of Barca Fans