Gianluigi Donnarumma

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just think he is a very good talent who seemed to be quite hardworking and committed (though I fully agree that it is the very beginning of his career)...I'd go OTT for any young talent who would look promising TBH, did exactly the same for the likes of Messi, Pogba and etc...Just that Gigi is no exception...I'm sad to hear it seems to have gotten on your nerves...Wasn't my intention

No, go on.

No worry for me. You can keep going on and I'll keep underlining his age, inexperience and the big road ahead of him. Not Barça quality now or in the next few years whether you believe it or not.

Just thought you were borderline over hyping him like with Ødegaard a year ago.

slicknick

No, go on.

No worry for me. You can keep going on and I'll keep underlining his age, inexperience and the big road ahead of him. Not Barça quality now or in the next few years whether you believe it or not.

Just thought you were borderline over hyping him like with Ødegaard a year ago.
Points well taken, and in fact, thank you very much for providing good arguments on the points you're making.
It's true that I, like many others, perhaps hyped up Ødegaard without watching a full game of his before,I'll fully accept that. What, I think, is ruining his career trajectory at this moment is the fact that he chose to go to one of the top clubs in the world, too much too soon.

Therefore, it is a fair point that Gianluigi Donnarumma is yet
to be Barça material. As for the "hype" on Gigi, I actually have gotten to see 4-5 full games of his, hence my thoughts that he wouldn't be another Ødegaard (not to mention, Serie A > Tippeligaen/Segunda B)...Anyway, surely he isn't ready for Barça yet, so let's wait and see what the future holds for him...even though I honestly think it's bizarre that Conte took a completely unproven keeper, also 2 years older than Gigi, over him... Whatever, as you said,neither will be in the tournament this summer

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You got a point about him and that other GK. He deserved to be in the preliminary squad over him, but still early days. If he can keep doing well then he'll be going to Russia for the WC in two years.

Perhaps it's good he didn't get selected as he might not buy in all the hype and work even harder now.

El Flaco

The loss in the final didn't take away Gigio's smile:"I can't help but be happy. It was a great season for me. I lived a dream. It's obvious, there were difficulties. We wanted to play in Europe. But personally I'm happy"

When did you realize you would be the starter? "I never understood it, in the sense that Mihajlovic told me the day before the match against Sassuolo. I was happy, I didn't believe it but I knew it was reality so I concentrated because I knew it was my great opportunity. I'm sorry Mihajlovic left, he helped me get into this role. I owe him a lot and I thank him. After the summer friendlies he never told me anything, I was ready to work with Diego Lopez and Abbiati, then he told me "You are playing against Sassuolo"

And now there could be a Milan without Berlusconi, do you ever think about it? Honestly it's very hard to imagine a Milan without the president. I'm very attached to Milan's colors and therefore also the president. I don't know what to think, I put myself in the shoes of the fans and think of their desires that are the same of ours- we want Milan to go back to winning. The president is the right person, he knows what to do. I see myself at Milan for many years, it's true I'm very young, but I see myself here for another ten years. I care a lot about this, it's my dream. We want to do better next season"

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/...-juventus-but-im-optimistic-about-the-future/

slicknick

Gianluigi Donnarumma to stay at AC Milan despite Premier League interest from Manchester United and Chelsea

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is set to remain at AC Milan next term
The 17-year-old 'new Gianluigi Buffon' burst onto the scene this season
Chelsea had identified him as a target for if they sold Thibaut Courtois
Italian Donnarumma feels he would have to start from scratch in England

AC Milan's teenage goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is set to stay put this summer despite attracting interesting from Manchester United and Chelsea.

The 17-year-old, dubbed the 'new Gianluigi Buffon' in Italy, has burst onto the scene this season and played in the Coppa Italia final last weekend.

Chelsea previously identified Donnarumma as a target for if they decided to sell Thibaut Courtois but Donnarumma is already planning for next season in Serie A.

Courtois refused to commit himself to the Premier League previously and is still being tracked by Real Madrid, who are in the market for a new No 1.

Their previous target, David De Gea, is set to stay in Manchester following the departure of Louis van Gaal.

Italy manager Antonio Conte is a fan and Chelsea's new head coach could still try to test AC Milan's resolve, but Donnarumma is likely to stay in Italy for at least another season.

It is believed Donnarumma, who has established himself as a first-choice goalkeeper in Milan, feels he would have to start from scratch at both English clubs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Manchester-United-Chelsea.html#ixzz49tPGNnuH

slicknick

Was going to write a few angry things about the friggin "Chokein" but decided to post this here instead...Enjoy

[youtube]3cXCidaHnK4[/youtube]

slicknick

Surely he won't be playing just yet, but it seems he is about become the youngest ever Senior Italy International, with 17 years, 6 months and 1 day
[tw]769253508763746304[/tw]
[tw]769301016231698432[/tw]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans