Gerard Deulofeu

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Still needs to improve his ball control, decision making, crossing and finishing, but he's got impressive speed. Like a tall, confident, dribbling Walcott

Maria

To play in the first team.

I don't agree..next season he has to play all the games with Barca B and continue growing. And then we can talk about the first team.

Still needs to improve his ball control, decision making, crossing and finishing, but he's got impressive speed.

Like any other 18 y.o. player in the end..but I would say that the worst for me are his decision making and finishing.

Last edited:

Tonykross

Deulofeu and Ebwelle both have the natural ability to be world class wingers, they just need to keep working and improving on their games.

F

Flavia

I don't agree..next season he has to play all the games with Barca B and continue growing. And then we can talk about the first team.
I agree. But he'll probably get called up a few times by Tito, at least for the cdr.

Wouterinho

I think he needs to improve at Barca B, but I'm scared Eusebio might screw up his talent. He needs guidance from a good coach and from older, more experienced players. So maybe he should train part-time with the first team.

KhaledBarca

Like any other 18 y.o. player in the end..but I would say that the worst for me are his decision making and finishing.

Deulofeu vs Messi

Messi at Barcelona B: 22 games (22 Starts), 6 goals, ? assists, 4 Yellow cards and 1 Red Card.

Deulofeu at Barcelona B: 35 games (23 starts), 9 goals, 7 assists, 1 YC and 0 RC.

Messi wasn't a great finisher either for Barca B, but Deulofeu was Barca B's topscorer this season... I will improve.

Blaugrand

He'll most probably switch between first team and B team....!!! I read It somewhere...
Actually that might entice him to work even harder as he knows he is getting close to get into the first team...

Maria

Deulofeu vs Messi

Messi at Barcelona B: 22 games (22 Starts), 6 goals, ? assists, 4 Yellow cards and 1 Red Card.

Deulofeu at Barcelona B: 35 games (23 starts), 9 goals, 7 assists, 1 YC and 0 RC.

Messi wasn't a great finisher either for Barca B, but Deulofeu was Barca B's topscorer this season... I will improve.

I don't understand why you posted this comparison..to agree or to disagree with me(but also to say that he will impreove only because Messi did)? I don't like to compare our canteranos with Messi, Iniesta or Puyol and I don't think that it makes sense to do that. Every player develops on his own time and just because Messi improved, it doesn't mean that Deulofeu will follow on his footsteps.

For now, everyone that watched Deulo last season knows that his finishing is average and even though he scores some beautiful goals, he also misses many goalscoring chances.

He'll most probably switch between first team and B team....!!! I read It somewhere...
Actually that might entice him to work even harder as he knows he is getting close to get into the first team...

According to Marti Perarnau(who wrote a book about La Masia and our most talented canteranos) this year Deulofeu will have to prove himself with the B team, show that he can be a leader and in his 3rd year he will switch between the first and second team. Not to mention that the first team has enough forwards this season, while the B team, if Tito takes Deulofeu, will be left with Dongou, Rafinha, Rodri and Kiko. That won't be enough.

Last edited:

Blaugrand

According to Marti Perarnau(who wrote a book about La Masia and our most talented canteranos) this year Deulofeu will have to prove himself with the B team, show that he can be a leader and in his 3rd year he will switch between the first and second team. Not to mention that the first team has enough forwards this season, while the B team, if Tito takes Deulofeu, will be left with Dongou, Rafinha, Rodri and Kiko. That won't be enough.

Maybe thats Good for him... n with Villa n Afellay back to full Fitness... Gerard might not get that much minutes....
He did show signs of Improvement Last Season... Maybe He can Improve and Develop more This Season
Btw... You read Pernau's Path of the Champions...??
Its in Spanish right...????

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
yup, went from having a pretty poor game to a rather good one :lol:

wasted a few chances, but their GK made a few decent saves as well. Two goals, hit the inside of the post, scored a penalty .. cant argue with that :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Maybe thats Good for him... n with Villa n Afellay back to full Fitness... Gerard might not get that much minutes....
He did show signs of Improvement Last Season... Maybe He can Improve and Develop more This Season
Btw... You read Pernau's Path of the Champions...??
Its in Spanish right...????
There's both Spanish and Catalan versions

Home of Barca Fans