Gerard Deulofeu

currently he is very frustrating but if he works hard, continues to improve, and smooth out some of the rough edges he is gonna be some player. sometimes he will run into people instead of playing the pass but for me he has the ability to see and play the correct pass. hopefully a couple of seasons in the b team to improve and he can be a good barca player. prefer him on the right to the left though

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Best compliment you can say about him is that, on the ball, he commands more attention than any player at this age level...He does make mistakes and becomes a bit selfish or fails to defer to a teammate on a pass...And he probably could work a bit harder here & there but there's plenty to look forward to with him...The potential is clearly there

funsize1984

I can't wait to watch BarcaB matches. Deulofeu should be starting. Add in Jean Marie Dongou and this could be special just like when they were both at Juvenil A. Rafinha also in there. I hope Eusebio doesn't screw it up with his players like he did last season.

ivan22

Best compliment you can say about him is that, on the ball, he commands more attention than any player at this age level...He does make mistakes and becomes a bit selfish or fails to defer to a teammate on a pass...And he probably could work a bit harder here & there but there's plenty to look forward to with him...The potential is clearly there

best compliment you can say about him is that even if he lost the ball a hundred times in 1on1 and wasted so many clear opportunities or made absolute horrible decisions (going for the goal instead of passing) he still managed to score two beautiful goals and hit the post with a magnificent strike.

he reminds me so much of cristiano ronaldo...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
From UEFA.com

"This isn't a team, it's a family. I was fortunate enough to be the one to score two goals and the decisive penalty but we are collectively thrilled to have reached the final," the FC Barcelona winger told UEFA.com.

"I am just another player here in the team. We are so united that we are all leaders out on the pitch. We had to work so much," Deulofeu explained.

"When we were a goal down at half-time our coach told us that we had to really believe in ourselves and that he was in no doubt we were going to get through the challenge. It was a really hard game, though, as they kept pegging us back. In the end the coach was right and we are all so happy."

"The senior Spain side play wonderful football," he said. "We try to play just as well as them and although sometimes that can be difficult, we are doing our best."

"Greece have a great team," Deulofeu said. "In the first match against them we took a two-goal lead but they opened us up a lot after the break. This is a final now and although every game is different, I'm obviously hoping for the same outcome as before."

Also, an interesting take from MD on the player

Last edited:

Yugi

AxuP0KsCIAEx65t.jpg:large

Surprise signing

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Precisely the sort of media attention a player like this doesn't need...Probably the first time I can recall since Pep became coach that a story put that much pressure on a cantera player, as well as the club...Club should be applying some pressure to put a lid of sensational hype like this from the local press - doesn't do anyone any good

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Tello and Cuenca were both in front pages when they made it to first team . Especially tello . We gotta give them their share of credit. It's a very hard work to reach there when you have world's best players playing at their best suitable positions for the first 11. Don't be so pessimistic .He is with us for about 9 years now. Great talent and I am confident that he will shine . Although I don't rule out the fact that he had acted very foolishly sometimes . But eventually he will learn things .

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not even close, Ryan...Tello & Cuenca didn't get stories like these until they were with the first team as you already conceded...Deulofeu, we all know, is far from 1st team ready

I'm saying the pressure being put on the player doesn't help anyone in this scenario, just sells some papers...The club should be putting pressure on the local media to not ramp up hype on a youth player...especially a player they didn't even want interviewed last season

M

mitkoa7x

Would love to see him play in a meaningless game for us next season (like against Bate) but no more than that, we need to be careful and not make him Bojan #2

Home of Barca Fans