Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

I can't see Barca selling him on. Everton had clauses in the contract to prevent this although maybe some sort of agreement was reached but I think he has been bought as a stop gap for your right side.

I was hoping he would stay with us but unfortunately this was inevitable after Koeman took over and took a dislike to him.

He's an incredibly frustrating player who thinks he's better than he is however he does create a ton of chances and has unreal pace. Ultimately playing with your attack and learning a bit of modesty could be exactly what he needs because there's no doubt he has the talent to be one of the very best plus his passing vision is unreal. Some of the passes he made for us last season most players wouldn't see never mind attempt.

Messi983

Welcome back.

A 2 year contract?

Yes, it's the probably the same contract he signed in 2014 so we didn't need to negotiate new terms what would take more time and he probably wouldn't even agree to come back as was reported. We'll see what he has to offer this season and then sell him next summer or renew his contract then if he'll show enough.

BarçaBarça

Cant sell him this summer.

We can.Atleast that was the last thing i heard about that.Gerard Romero talked about it.

Why shouldn't we be able to? Because he wouldn't want to or what? We can just tell him that he has no role on the team and will sit on the bench, then he surely wants to go..

Come on if we sign Verratti, RB and Deulofeu that's for me a great summer :)

You are right but you can't argue like that. If we get Deulofeu and De Bruyne it would also be a great summer. But that is highly unlikely, and until we see otherwise Deulofeu has been a shit-transfer because he doesn't have the level to play for Barca, simple as that.

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

Yes, it's the probably the same contract he signed in 2014 so we didn't need to negotiate new terms what would take more time and he probably wouldn't even agree to come back as was reported. We'll see what he has to offer this season and then sell him next summer or renew his contract then if he'll show enough.

If he doesn´t even want to come back then we will sell him to Milan to make more Money.

Raketa10

Guys he is here, in economic sense this was a good deal. He is here as a backup and for 12 mil this is OK. Next summer we can go for Dembele. Now let's move on to Verratti and RB that's the most important thing this summer!

fergus90

Could be something different to bring off the bench that's about it. The way I see it is, the big money is being spent elsewhere this summer. Had we signed Dembele this year, it would've ruled out Verratti or another target.

JamDav1982

Guys he is here, in economic sense this was a good deal. He is here as a backup and for 12 mil this is OK. Next summer we can go for Dembele. Now let's move on to Verratti and RB that's the most important thing this summer!

He is here as a back up so doesnt have much relation to Dembele. Who if the club want it means Valverde wants Messi at AM and signing Deulofeu doesnt really allow that to happen.

Even if he is a back up not sure he is a better back up than likes of Vidal who is there already.

Doesnt make sense to pay 12m for him other than he is a La Masia player.

Home of Barca Fans