Gareth Bale

Kerrybai

You cant run an aggressive "American-style" (another English language nation) marketing campaign when no one understands you. English language is the key, and is a huge boost to the EPL in terms of money. And where the money is, the rest follows.

No doubt the language helps but I don't speak Spanish yet I follow Barca and La Liga. The EPl has benefited from good marketing over the years.

L

Learo

No doubt the language helps but I don't speak Spanish yet I follow Barca and La Liga. The EPl has benefited from good marketing over the years.

But it is 100 times easier to market when people speak their language. Its just the reality. La Liga has always had a strong position in South America for the same reason. But the money of the EPL nowdays is just too much to compete with.

lovebarca

"I'll not play for Spurs again"- Bale

Who does he think he is? :lol:

he truly said that? because i searched it and its only rumors that he said this thing to his team mates according to SUN and we know how much sun is reliable.
so what is happening with his transfer? he is going to madrid or not?

ebc_99

The premier league is like a Hollywood blockbuster, they make a lot of money not because they are the best but because they are the best marketed.

If la Liga was marketed as well as the Premier league as many people would watch it. The product is better for sure, players too and Barca and Real are by far the biggest clubs in the world.

I also read a tweet on Barca stuff where someone from La Liga board said that more people watch it in Europe, Africa and South America and the EPL is watched by much more in Asia and North America. But Asia and North America are much richer parts of the world which contributes to EPL earnings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jenks

English, the language, helps them a lot

How? I don't understand this argument. The marketing is done in whatever language is spoken in the country you're selling in, same goes for commentary. What does English have to do with anything? It's not like these huge Asian markets are made up of English-speakers.

L

Learo

How? I don't understand this argument. The marketing is done in whatever language is spoken in the country you're selling in, same goes for commentary. What does English have to do with anything? It's not like these huge Asian markets are made up of English-speakers.

Most have rudimentary knowledge of English. Its the same with Hollywood or music or whatever. English speaking countries dominate completely. If people didnt understand a word of what they were saying, American movies, music or media would be ignored completely.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

What language are we speaking here? In pretty much every county the second language is English.
I rest my case.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most have rudimentary knowledge of English. Its the same with Hollywood or music or whatever. English speaking countries dominate completely. If people didnt understand a word of what they were saying, American movies, music or media would be ignored completely.

Exactly.

Bertus

I read that AS published an article about Bale's probable salary. And that they were surprised.

Could anyone tell me if they shared a figure?

Galning

What language are we speaking here? In pretty much every county the second language is English.
I rest my case.

Yup.

leon

English, the language, helps them a lot

Yes. But marketing helps much more!

Why would Asian chose EPL over Liga? EPL targets Asian markets - that's the answer! They play at noon (12p.m - 5p.m) for the Asian countries to watch because it is at 7p.m then - in Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, Thai... which is perfect!! Do you know in order to watch Barca/RM, we have to wake up at 3 - 5a.m in the morning? Do Liga has Asian markets in mind? I don't think so. What else? They sign Asian players (Park, Kagawa, Ryo...) so that Japanese and Korean - which are two richest demographic parts in Asia - pay attention to them.

It's all about marketing. It's not like because we understand English that we watch Holywood movies or EPL talk shows - TRANSLATION is all that needed. My friends here in Vietnam don't speak English, yet they are either MU, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea's fans. I speak English yet I prefer La Liga.

I'm not saying language doesn't mean anything. It does. It affects the preference of North A and South A viewers, as much as demographic, historic and some other factors... Just saying marketing is much more important!

Jenks

I rest my case.

What case? The marketing in these countries isn't going to be in English, nor the commentary, so what difference does it make?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Why would Asian chose EPL over Liga? EPL targets Asian markets - that's the answer! They play at noon (12p.m - 5p.m) for the Asian countries to watch because it is at 7p.m then - in Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, Thai... which is perfect!! Do you know in order to watch Barca/RM, we have to wake up at 3 - 5a.m in the morning? Do Liga has Asian markets in mind? I don't think so. What else? They sign Asian players (Park, Kagawa, Ryo...) so that Japanese and Korean - which are two richest demographic parts in Asia - pay attention to them.

It's all about marketing. It's not like because we understand English that we watch Holywood movies or EPL talk shows - TRANSLATION is all that needed. My friends here in Vietnam don't speak English, yet they are either MU, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea's fans. I speak English yet I prefer La Liga.

I'm not saying language doesn't mean anything. It does. It affects the preference of North A and South A viewers, as much as demographic, historic and some other factors... Just saying marketing is much more important!
Their agressive marketing is of course the reason they are so well settled in those regions... Also, the language does help. In fact La Liga is on TV in my country ( India) too but the commentary, even in English, sucks monkey balls :p Basically, as the EPL are already well settled here, La Liga are not able to fetch much income on TV rights and hence are not able to invest much in order for it to reach the audience in a more entertaining way! And there's this usual Spanish clubs don't play in the noon factor too!!

Beast

The Observer

The timing plus the language helps a lot
That's why La Liga in recent years started to throw in some games earlier than usual... it was rare to watch games in midday however last year it started throwing in some games at noon i remember it felt so odd watching Real play in daylight

the problem is Spaniards are usually in siesta during this time so it does affect the game attendance and viewing locally , they are used to go out to the games at night and it's a much bigger problem on Sunday when most people are out enjoying their weekend planning to either attend or watch the TV late at night

Home of Barca Fans