Gareth Bale

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Scotty Parker won the award too..
PFA Players' Player of the Year & PFA Young Player of the Year... It's these two I'm talking about

Only two other players have won both these awards in the same season... CR7 being one of them :p

Last edited:

Bertus

Kind of happy TS and Verratti are not like Bale though.

They were both approached by the biggest teams, Barca and Madrid.

And both didn't clash.

In the case of Bale, I feel like even if Levy was offering him a very big new salary, he would still act like a jerk who wants to leave.

I hope Nasser will continue to recruit players that respect their contract when the club is saying that there's no way they will sell them.

(Yeah you guessed it, as fan as I am of Bale, I hate how he's stepping on his current contract)

pEllee

Great player, but this hype is too much. Not the third best player in the world and does he even realise the amount of pressure that comes with being the most expensive player of all time and signing for Real Madrid? I hope he stays, and leaves for a smaller amount of money. That way, he won't get crucified for every potential mistake he'll make.

Is he even wanted by the players?

Jenks

Apparently, even Jonathan Woodgate got them some money! And Bale, as over-rated as he is, is still better than Woodgate ever was!!

Bale is marketable comes from the fact that he is British... They do have a very large market!

Madrid are in for a serious shock if they think a Welshman playing in Spain is going to be marketable in Britain as a whole.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Madrid are in for a serious shock if they think a Welshman playing in Spain is going to be marketable in Britain as a whole.
Not just in Britain per se... But more so in the areas where EPL has a strong hold, Asia for example!!
I know a guy from my country(India) living in England. Considering he's from India he's probably a supporter of Manchester United or some thing, but he goes to the stadium for Spurs matches, once in a while, just to watch Bale sprinting here and there :p I am telling you, for these people football doesn't exist beyond England. Since Bale is a star from EPL Perez is aiming these kind of people for his marketing gimmicks

Kerrybai

Not just in Britain per se... But more so in the areas where EPL has a strong hold, Asia for example!!
I know a guy from my country(India) living in England. Considering he's from India he's probably a supporter of Manchester United or some thing, but he goes to the stadium for Spurs matches, once in a while, just to watch Bale sprinting here and there :p I am telling you, for these people football doesn't exist beyond England. Since Bale is a star from EPL Perez is aiming these kind of people for his marketing gimmicks

The new EPL tv deal is proof of how the EPL is miles beyond any other leage in the world when it comes to international appeal. Bale can easily be a marketing machine.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The new EPL tv deal is proof of how the EPL is miles beyond any other leage in the world when it comes to international appeal. Bale can easily be a marketing machine.
The major of the reason why it is so is of course because their official language is English... But I am no way under-mining their will to reach the global audience though

Jenks

I doubt language has much to do with it. The Premier League is just independent of the FA and runs an aggressive American-style marketing campaign all over the world.

L

Learo

I doubt language has much to do with it. The Premier League is just independent of the FA and runs an aggressive American-style marketing campaign all over the world.

You cant run an aggressive "American-style" (another English language nation) marketing campaign when no one understands you. English language is the key, and is a huge boost to the EPL in terms of money. And where the money is, the rest follows.

Home of Barca Fans