Gabriel Milito

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Milito is awesome, it's all we expected from Chygs, no? Milito is a rock and he passes the ball quite well...

He should definitely start next match regardless of who is going to be his partner...

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
He will defanitly start next game alongside Chygy in the make-shift defence with puyol on the right as we have no other choice but to partner him up with Puyol and stick Maxwell on the right again leaving Chygy on the bench.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Thought he looked really good when he came on, much more solid than Marquez. He brought the ball out of defense very positively as well.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Was good but I was really shocked by the way he let a forward almost snatch the ball away from him in a very dangerous position... except that bit where he spent a lot more time on the ball than required, rest all was good

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would you sell him if we got an offer close to 10 mil.? I saw some rumours, true or not, the question remains as we have too much central defenders.

desoe

Would you sell him if we got an offer close to 10 mil.? I saw some rumours, true or not, the question remains as we have too much central defenders.

Well, it depends what's going to be done with Rafa. Basically it would be normal to start the season with 4 central defenders and if we sell Marquez, we remain with 4 - Pique, Puyol, Chyg and Milito.

Then there's no need to sell Milito, who's showing impressive stuff since his return. I have no problem with Milito staying. Remember that he could be hardly considered as our starting CB anyway, so for a back-up role or an object of rotations he could be perfect, because he brings security everytime when the manager picks him.

Plus, if he started playing like this without a real preparation in the summer, we should expect that next season he should become only better. I like Milito and I like the way he survived this two years nightmare. Many players could not. Gabi is a true warrior, an athlete who could be only admired for his spirit and character to start doing again what he loves. It's like somehow he deserves to get one more shot.

beef-supreme

Aside from what desoe said, which i agree with, i would add that if we had Pique/Puyol and Chyg/Milito it would give us a double CB pairing who are in terms of their physical characteristics and their playing style complementary to each other. This would be ideal for injuries, suspensions and rotation. Of course we would have other options too, if all our CBs are injured we have (god forbid) Abidal to play as a CB and also Yaya (if he doesn't leave). No matter about that - a tall short, tall short - or passive combative, passive combative selection of 4 is great, and better than having 3 talls and being forced to play Chyg and Marquez together eeek!
I do wonder what will happen to Henrique though, for example. I mean he hasn't been bad for Racing though Racing are quite crap which isn't great news.

Home of Barca Fans