Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Meitux

Madrid were in great form last season but Barcelona were in poorer form in the league than this year - therefor they never won it as they were not good enough to win it.

Madrid were better and Barcelona were poorer last year in the league. That can really be challenged surely!!

Against Chelsea you blaim Cesc and Alexis - by the way Messi was as big a culprit. Yet you above you blame Tito for ALexis and Pedro not being able to finish. So that makes no sense.

Barcelona this season getting killed on the counter was already happening last season against Madrid in particular towards the end and even against Chelsea when they dominated the conceded three goals on the counter.

You are choosing to blame Tito for things that were already happening under Pep.
What exactly has Messi to with Cesc and Alexis unable to finish off clear chances?They played very defensively and as usual got the most players in him..

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The only chance I can remember him missing (and by missing I mean when it was reasonable for him to put it away) was the PK that smashed against the bar.

JamDav1982

The only chance I can remember him missing (and by missing I mean when it was reasonable for him to put it away) was the PK that smashed against the bar.

He missed a great chance in the first half also.

Two huge chances. I dont blame him at all though just pointing out managers cant really be blamed for players missing chances and if you are going to do that apply it to Pep as well as Tito not just Tito as some have been.

JamDav1982

Im assuming you didnt read my posts or didnt understand them or simply chose to ignore them and draw your own conclusions

Your post was so flawed it was a joke.

Blaming Tito for things like Pedro and Sanchez missing chances yet ignoring that they did the exact same under Pep in his last season.

You are comparing the Pep team at its peak not the one that was in his last season where they failed in both the league and CL.

Cule4life

The Culest
Against Chelsea you blaim Cesc and Alexis - by the way Messi was as big a culprit. Yet you above you blame Tito for ALexis and Pedro not being able to finish. So that makes no sense.Barcelona this season getting killed on the counter was already happening last season against Madrid in particular towards the end and even against Chelsea when they dominated the conceded three goals on the counter.You are choosing to blame Tito for things that were already happening under Pep.

I dont blame Tito completely for Alexis being a headless chicken in front of the goal. Im infuriated by his tactics in which everything has to pass through Messi which has shattered whatever little confidence was left in Alexis due to his failings last season.

Regarding getting killed on the counter Im not blaming Tito for what happened under Pep. I blame him for doing absolutely nothing about it in order to stop it. Not buying a CB, not changing tactics, lack of pressing werent addressed after repeated failings

Dont make this out to be Pep vs Tito. Pep is Bayern's coach now. Tito is our coach now. Judge him individually. Dont defend his failings by comparing him to his predecessor. That just shows him in bad light

JamDav1982

I dont blame Tito completely for Alexis being a headless chicken in front of the goal. Im infuriated by his tactics in which everything has to pass through Messi which has shattered whatever little confidence was left in Alexis due to his failings last season.

Regarding getting killed on the counter Im not blaming Tito for what happened under Pep. I blame him for doing absolutely nothing about it in order to stop it. Not buying a CB, not changing tactics, lack of pressing werent addressed after repeated failings

Dont make this out to be Pep vs Tito. Pep is Bayern's coach now. Tito is our coach now. Judge him individually. Dont defend his failings by comparing him to his predecessor. That just shows him in bad light

Alexis was actually more productive this season in terms of goals and assists though so hardly like he has been destroyed by Titos tactics.

Everything passing through Messi has long been a problem before now.

Not buying a CB was a mistake, but the tactics etc were reverted back to Peps days for a reason after a season of failing in the league and CL.

The lack of pressing was already there under Pep in many games in his last season also.

Have to like that last bit when it is you who was talking about the 'Pep era'.

Cule4life

The Culest
Better love Amber Heard :pep:

guardiola.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
not a lover just I don't compare him to pep when results don't go barcas way and demand he gets the hook

not a hater but i dont sit back and ignore the things in front of me and hope for things to get better and demand that the best club in the world should have a competent manager

Home of Barca Fans