Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Marshall D Teach

I still can't believe what happened to this guy.

That season was quite surreal. The league dominance was absolutely nuts but it's also the season where the core of that team became CL bottlers. Bayern 7-0 might still be our most embarrassing CL defeat ever.

Can't really blame the guy though. Thought he was a good coach overall. Not his fault mental midgets like Alba were inserted into the team.

Last edited:

Messigician

Not to mention that there were rumors sufacing before Pep signed the deal that he prefers to take a break and has recommended Tito so I guess when he leaves he will ask the club to give Tito his chance,there will be also Lucho is he does well at Roma so the team wont be short of options at all

But but rosell forced pep out

Windhook

The time Laporta left in 2010, Txiki left, too and he was one of Pep's closest allies. Also Cruyff gave up/returned his honorary position or whatever there in sign of protest. (EDIT: he was stripped) Those were amigos and mentors and most of them were aligned with Laporta camp. I doubt Pep was close to Laporta, but being linked with that alliance and Rosell going Caligula on everyone involving the ex-president didn't help, either.

khaled_a_d

I still can't believe what happened to this guy.

That season was quite surreal. The league dominance was absolutely nuts but it's also the season where the core of that team became CL bottlers. Bayern 7-0 might still be our most embarrassing CL defeat ever.

Can't really blame the guy though. Thought he was a good coach overall. Not his fault mental midgets like Alba were inserted into the team.

tbf, we had almost all our defense, along Messi and other midfielders out during this tie.
We weren't going to win anyway as it was Bayern's year, but I think with a full squad it would have been something like 2 or 3 goal total difference.

Having a sick coach didn't help either.

Marshall D Teach

I will forever maintain that Bayern 7-0 is what broke the golden boys in the CL.

Not much to do with Tito or his illness either, those guys just lost a lot of their hunger after the CL win in 2011. Only a god like Lucho could bring it back, and only for one season.

companyofcules

I will forever maintain that Bayern 7-0 is what broke the golden boys in the CL.

Not much to do with Tito or his illness either, those guys just lost a lot of their hunger after the CL win in 2011. Only a god like Lucho could bring it back, and only for one season.
Everything to do with that and many injuries we had. Messi and other core players. Bayern was a team to beat almost did it BVB.
The midfield got outplayed but to their excuse they tried to fill the gaps.

Home of Barca Fans