Fernando Torres

Co0ter

I personally refer to a dive as falling down without any contact. It looked, to me, that Torres did get knicked. He then however was dramatic about it. Not quite a "dive" tho I'd say. Now Cristiano Ronaldo has "dove" without any contact what so ever. Now thats pathetic. Going down when a guy has a yellow card (and should have already gotten a second yellow) and is stupid enough to run into you just seems smart to me. I however can't excuse him rolling around being a drama queen tho, that just irritates me beyond anything. And I agree, Sergi needs to stop being a huge pussy, its so pathetic sometimes I almost have to look away from the TV.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
"needs to stop being a huge pussy" no he doesn't. as long as video technology is not introduced into the game there will be players that fall with the wind blowing in their back. so NO, busquets should keep on filming.

XaviMessiGirl

Well you are a bit late, Torres is kinda known for his ability to act for some years :D This dive earned a red card for opponents and helped Spain to win, why you are so furious?

Well to a lot of people it doesn't matter who you are or what team you are on, if you do something questionable it's still going to be disappointing. If we were talking about Ronaldo here we'd all be saying things like "yeah he dived 100%, what a cheater as usual" but since it is Torres and many of us are fans of the Spanish NT, the opinion is divided. Now I love Torres but I'm not making him out to be a saint, if he does something wrong I'm still going to point it out like I would with any player.

As I said I don't think it was a dive, or at least not premeditated, I don't think he set out to get that player sent off. But I do think that it's a bad reflection on him to embellish his fall so much. It's not so much that he fell, I think that's believable, but how long he stayed down was not.

You bring up a point that almost everybody dives or uses theatrics at some point, and that's true. So this incident of course is not going to change my opinion of him, I still think he's class and a better sportsman than many others out there. But if hypothetically Spain got to the final and were to win the WC because he or someone else on the team got an opposing player unfairly sent off... well that wouldn't be a satisfying victory no matter how much I support Spain. They should win on the basis that they are the better team, not the better actors. Torres/Spain shouldn't be allowed to break the rules in my mind just because I support them while I go off and be critical of other players/teams who do the same thing. It isn't right.

That's just my opinion though.

"needs to stop being a huge pussy" no he doesn't. as long as video technology is not introduced into the game there will be players that fall with the wind blowing in their back. so NO, busquets should keep on filming.

I'm pretty sure even if they did introduce video replay technology, it would only be used to challenge possible goals. I think if every foul was challenged via replay it would just waste more time than it is worth. It would probably cut down on the diving especially if being caught diving on camera was a guaranteed yellow card, but I still think it would give players even more reason to whine about fouls in the hopes that maybe the ref would see it their way. Unless of course they capped a limit on how many challenges could be made, like 3 per team per game, because then they'd think twice before challenging and only challenge things that are really meaningful.

Do you mean to say that it is FIFA's fault for not introducing this technology that divers are so prominent, with your Busquets comment? :lol:

Hydro2oo9

Well you are a bit late, Torres is kinda known for his ability to act for some years :D This dive earned a red card for opponents and helped Spain to win, why you are so furious?

I'm furious because it doesn't look good on the team, even though it's just one individual idiot.

But he didn't need to do that anyway as Barcelona, I mean Spain, carried on and scored anyway with a goal from Iniesta set up by David Villa ;).

XaviMessiGirl

I would never call him an idiot but that's essentially what I said above... the actions of one reflect the entire squad, if that had been the final there would be a media shitstorm over it saying how Spain didn't deserve it.

Even though realistically the result probably would have turned out the same even if Chile had played the entire match with 11 men (although that player was already on a yellow + a warning before that incident anyway and may have gotten legitimately sent off later) if it had been a stronger team they were playing, an incident like that would have turned the tables extremely in Spain's favor... which to me is not how you win the WC.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Torres: “Barça? It’s always nice to be linked with great clubs. But there’s nothing more than rumours.”

fuck ya , we dun need u.....

XaviMessiGirl

Sigh... another abysmal performance. The worst part is he had a great shot on goal at the beginning and then promptly fell asleep again.

Please my man... please

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bench time. Spain has too much talent on the bench and don't need to wait any longer on Torres to regain his form.

XaviMessiGirl

Maybe they should just start Llorente and sub Torres in later. That way maybe Spain can get a couple goals in first but still take their chances with him later on when there is less risk. I still think Spain need two strikers at all times for Villa to work best but maybe Torres should just not start anymore.

XaviMessiGirl

Fuck Torres, back to the bench you wanker. Seriously, total of 4 games and jack squat.

Fernando-Torres-001.jpg

He can't hear you

Last edited:

iced1776

My oh my, when will Torres ever stop making the starting XI because of his Liverpool form. He doesn't work with Spain, never has, and now on top of that he's just back from injury. Spain is lucky enough to have attacking players who can both finish and distribute one touch passes very well (Silva and Cesc), and I have always thought Spain looked best in a 4-5-1 with just Villa up top and one of those players behind him.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lorente should start to try and muscle out the opposition and if that will help them get a goal before halftime they should definitely consider starting him. i still dont mind starting torres as he is key for spain if he is on form, only thing as he has not been on form for a year and thats not likely to change. i would be leaning to start lorente if only to spark torres.

Home of Barca Fans