Fernando Llorente

Garrus

I'm just happy he'll get to leave that hellhole of a club, The way he's been treated there is disgusting.

Last edited:

Galning

Last time I checked Llorente was there when he signed the contract until 2013. Athletic don't have to play him if they don't want to, neither do they have to sell him if they don't want to.
A lot of people are treated disgustingly in this world, benching a football player who doesn't want to sign an extension is not.

Is it a jerk move by Athletic? Definitely. But let's not overreact.

Unbiased United

Last time I checked Llorente was there when he signed the contract until 2013. Athletic don't have to play him if they don't want to, neither do they have to sell him if they don't want to.
A lot of people are treated disgustingly in this world, benching a football player who doesn't want to sign an extension is not.

+1 ...couldn't agree more.

Fishdoll

Bakalao

How about the death threats then? should we also not overreact to those?

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Not directly from the club, no. That's the intimidation at training (though it was other players grabbed by the throat by the conditioning coach). The club (meaning the president/leadership) has spent the last six months expounding on Llorente's betrayal and taking every possible chance to humiliate Llorente. Their tame media has, of course, helped with things so it's become something of a running hate campaign. The death threats have come from so-called fans; they've calmed down a bit, at least, and there hasn't been a recent need to have riot police at training to protect the players.

Home of Barca Fans