FC Barcelona Finances

serghei

But nevertheless I guess our brand influence is somehow perceived to be behind that of Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Well, United's owners are americans, and naturally, United is a more powerful brand in the US (greatest economy) and their sponsor is also a major US company (Chevy). As for Florentino Perez, he knows little about football I think, but he is the most connected and potent bussinessman in Spanish football.

You have to know how to make money. Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Iniesta. They play. It's up to Barto & Co. to transform sporting success, in financial success. Our suits are not that good at making money it seems.

Last edited:

Altomonte

When we won the Club WC in Yokohama, Japan, Jack Ma of ALIBABA handed out the Golden Boot for best player to Luis Suarez. He sponsored this award which proves that he is interested in football. Did our management use this opportunity to approach Jack Ma and discuss a possible ALIBABA sponsorship? I think the future of Qatar is quite uncertain, given the falling oil prices. I think betting on the huge Chinese / Asian market is a better long term play. Also, ALIBABA is not just a Chinese company, it's a global brand.

raskolnikov

Our board really does suck. It doesnt seem to be that difficult, get the right people in and cruise towards financial security like Bayern.
How we have been able to be s succesfull despite an incompetent board and better than a rea l supported by banks and supported by refs is nothing short of a miracle.
Serves the socios right though to be honest, they kept supporting Rosell's policy and then choose his puppet with a treble clouding their judgement.

JamDav1982

Would be happy if deal could be similar to amount Man Utd are getting around £50m a season I think. If can get similar for a shorter time would be decent.

spark

Once again, you have to be really bad if you have to beg for a sponsorship after winning a treble with a team of players like Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Iniesta and co.
It's embarrassing . Let's just imagine Manchester United or Real Madrid with these players and success over the last few years and the deals they would have made on the back of them. Even when it came to selling the shirt for the first time these fools were boasting about getting market value when for a first time sponser, after 100 years without one, anyone with business acumen would have done better . It should have been a historic deal back then but now with the chance to make amends, history will repeat itself and they well get another just OK agreement .

JamDav1982

It's embarrassing . Let's just imagine Manchester United or Real Madrid with these players and success over the last few years and the deals they would have made on the back of them. Even when it came to selling the shirt for the first time these fools were boasting about getting market value when for a first time sponser, after 100 years without one, anyone with business acumen would have done better . It should have been a historic deal back then but now with the chance to make amends, history will repeat itself and they well get another just OK agreement .

It was a world record back then and numbers being discussed are on a par with what Man Utd are on at moment.

Do you think the club just phone up random companies and ask to sponsor?

They will be employing agencies to go out and look for the best deal which may well be the rumoured 65m from Qatar.

Spanish football just doesnt have the world wide interest or exposure to start smashing records for shirt deals etc. English clubs have a huge advantage for this type of thing before a ball is even kicked.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
World record for what? They fucking sold the right to write Qatar on Camp Nou stands too and godknows where else too

JamDav1982

World record for what? They fucking sold the right to write Qatar on Camp Nou stands too and godknows where else too

The shirt deal was a world record at time.

How much were Nike paying for their swoosh on camp nou? Long before Qatar deal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When we won the Club WC in Yokohama, Japan, Jack Ma of ALIBABA handed out the Golden Boot for best player to Luis Suarez. He sponsored this award which proves that he is interested in football. Did our management use this opportunity to approach Jack Ma and discuss a possible ALIBABA sponsorship? I think the future of Qatar is quite uncertain, given the falling oil prices. I think betting on the huge Chinese / Asian market is a better long term play. Also, ALIBABA is not just a Chinese company, it's a global brand.

As a Chinese I want to caution against jumping on the China hype train. Our economy is going through some very rough patches right now as it transitions from manufacturing-based economy to more of a service-based one and there are surely some bright spots, but some e-commerce and real estate companies that have poured a lot of money into football struck me as bubbles, HUGE bubbles that will burst one day.

I don't doubt that we have potential sponsors that are dying to be on the face of our jersey at all, but they probably can't come up with the kind of money we want and need.

Galning

Camp Nou has pretty much become Qatar world. It's basically everywhere. On the outside of the stadium there's a huge banner too.

JamDav1982

Camp Nou has pretty much become Qatar world. It's basically everywhere. On the outside of the stadium there's a huge banner too.

What would you like club to have done when offered 60/65m a year by Qatar initially?

Camp Nou has been just as much dripping in Nike swooshes in the past anyway so nothing all that new.

Home of Barca Fans