FC Barcelona Finances

vlad

if barca lose money and cant give neymar salary that he want, which is same as messi salary, sell him, who the fuck cares, he just came from brazil and he is playing like 3 seasons for barca and compared to messi, who play from 13 year for barca and everything what he gave to club, he earned his salary, neymar did not, neymar just playing card that all big club are interested in him and would give him salary that he wants, i dont want club which i like get in a finance problem with one player. And about sponsor, also i dont care if barca would start falling down from the top, club is what matters the most, and best for the club is stability, if stability can not be done if barca gave so much money for players salary the something has to change, sell those players.

at least all the glory hunter fans would gonne, im sick of reading "get pogba, get veratti, get this and that just because they are the best", what barca become? if barca goes this way in a short time there will be no difference between real and barca, and that is hard to admit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
well, barca didnt had sponsor on the shirt for like 115 years, and club was speciall because of that, i would like if barca can get rid of qatar, dont care about MSN, just barca.

I guess you won't complain if we start losing trophies to our rivals.

Because that's what will happen if we lose our best players just like that.

Barça didn't have a shirt sponsor for many years because those were the days football wasn't as commercialized as now, nor moved to new markets like in China, South Korea etc.

I'd like a Barça without a shirt sponsor too, but that's not possible unless we got a rich owner pumping in money. We need to take advantage of every opportunity we can to generate more revenue as long as it's not against the values of the club. That's why I hope we'll find a new and better shirt sponsor this time, but we definitely need one to pay our players, keep running the club and it's institutions efficiently, and, to stay at the very elite of club football, basketball etc.

So unless people are willing to go back to pre-2003 where our competitors had a significant advantage over us, the romanticized view isn't very smart.

And may I add, a stable club is a well run club. It's not often Barça have had great administrators, so we definitely need the extra income to run the club well and for it to stay stable and not fall into a zone of insecurity with our usual incompetent people in charge.

AND: I don't see how people wishing for signing Pogba, or Verratti makes them glory hunters or is turning this club in to Real Madrid.

First of all: Just because you're older than many here thus started supporting Barça before, doesn't make you any better of a supporter than anyone else. It merely makes you an older supporter. Nor does wishing for players make anyone glory hunters. It's just makes you sound patronizing.

It doesn't sound like you had any complaints about signing Arda for 40m from a direct rival.

Last edited:

vlad

I'm sick of hearing people complain about people who want the best players at Barça.

there is nothing wrong in that if comments are reasonble and logical and if barca really needs players in some positions like now in defence, but, i often read in barca forums that barca should buy pogba, and if you ask them to explain why should barca buy players like that, responds are because he is good, even when barca is filled with players in midfield, also not considering barca finances, 100 m for fucking Pogba, so yes, that is stupid for me and i just think that they are playing to much football manager.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Get off your high horses already, some folks. It is simply not practical to have a sponsor-less jersey these days considering how much money it brings in to the club and how much money clubs need these days to stay competitive in a crazy market like today's. Selling key players because we want to maintain a sponsor less jersey? Hell no. Wake up and smell the coffee, this is the 21st century.

In addition, I don't get people's total abomination with Qatar Airways or everything Qatar related. Sure Qatar has a poor human rights record. So do many countries, including many in the west that do shady things in the name of freedom, democracy and human rights. Is the UAE any better? Should fans of Real Madrid, Arsenal, Hamburger HSV and AC Milan demand their club to ditch the emirate airlines? Friggin bayern just signed a huge deal with Doha airport and got a lot of money that will further solidify their financial health and buying power. I'd say beg Qatar Airways to stay if we don't have other parties willing to put down the dough we need.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Once again, you have to be really bad if you have to beg for a sponsorship after winning a treble with a team of players like Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Iniesta and co.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Once again, you have to be really bad if you have to beg for a sponsorship after winning a treble with a team of players like Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Iniesta and co.

It is very odd indeed. I tend to believe that it has more to do with the incompetence of our club management, less so to do with the general appeal of our club and the Barça brand.

But nevertheless I guess our brand influence is somehow perceived to be behind that of Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Home of Barca Fans