FC Barcelona Finances

JamDav1982

Judging by your answers we should have tattooed it on Messi's forehead too.

What answers?

Couldnt give a fuck if Qatar are the sponsors or not but in football today virtually every big team have their stadium dripping in sponsorship.

Fair enough if people hate that being Qatar thats their opinion but it will be another brand that takes their place. It wont vanish.

Same question - How would you like club to have reacted to Qatar deal on table earlier in season for 60/65m?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't against Qatar when we signed them. After learning and reading how they are funding extremism and terrorism around the World, I changed my opinion.

JamDav1982

I wasn't against Qatar when we signed them. After learning and reading how they are funding extremism and terrorism around the World, I changed my opinion.

Fair enough, I dont have any issue with people disliking the Qatar deal at all.

JamDav1982

Hint: Not on CNN and BBC

Can you provide a link that states that Qatar govt is main sponsor of ISIS?

Googled it but cant see any that states that.

Dont know why BBC or CNN wouldnt report that anyway if true. Type of thing they are all over.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol: man you are way too deep in oblivion if you trust BBC and CNN to report that stuff.

If you are really interested in answers (which you don't sound at all), do your own research.

JamDav1982

:lol: man you are way too deep in oblivion if you trust BBC and CNN to report that stuff.

If you are really interested in answers (which you don't sound at all), do your own research.

What motive would the BBC or any such agency have to lie about Qatar supporting ISIS?

Regardles I have just been reading about it from plenty of other sources and there it doesnt suggest they are anything like 'main sponsor of ISIS' other than they may not be cracking down hard enough on individuals who help fund them.

Qatar are part of the coalition against ISIS and it serves them to be part of that. The terrorists they are more accused of funding in that battle are the rebel groups fighting Assad not ISIS.

ISIS have openly made threats against Qatar for their involvement as a state.

If you have anything to counter that then provide a link. Open to reading it.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Where are you getting your information that Qatar are main sponsor of ISIS?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the funding is largely coming from Saudi Arabia and Qatar. They also fund rebels in Syria who then often defect to ISIS.

JamDav1982

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the funding is largely coming from Saudi Arabia and Qatar. They also fund rebels in Syria who then often defect to ISIS.

It seems a lot of it is through wealthy individuals and groups using those countries to funnel money through. Which is something they clearly need to crack down on.

Reading up on it there is next to no one suggesting the Qatari govt are one of 'the main sponsors of ISIS'.

If can provide link to that would be happy to read it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The US also funds and supports many rebel groups in Syria that fight Assad and some money/weapons could have gotten into the hands of IS. That doesn't mean the US is supporting IS though.

Home of Barca Fans