6 Manchester City FC ENG 314m -6% decrease
7 Liverpool FC ENG 298m 22% increase
8 Chelsea FC ENG 275m 8% increase
9 Arsenal FC ENG 271m 16% increase
10 Juventus ITA 261m - 1% decrease
Euros.

UEFA. Jan 2020.

Also:

Like Real Madrid CF in 2017, FC Barcelona reported the largest wage increase in absolute terms (€151m), becoming the first club ever to record a total wage bill in excess of €500m. Everton FC (47%), AS Monaco FC (34%), Paris Saint-Germain FC (24%) and Liverpool FC (22%) also reported sizeable increases in their wage bills in FY2018. For some of them, this can be attributed to success bonuses paid following successful sporting results (domestic league or UEFA Champions League results).

El Gato

Villarato!
Oh they knew it. Just done same thing as RM and assumed squad players will happily move to make room and that someone will definitely buy them. In reality nobody wants an Isco or a Pjanic, or can't offer them satisfactory wage compared to what they're on now.

Difference as always is that Perez waits for players to leave before signing, Barca just buys who they target and think after.

khaled_a_d

I dont understand, why did Barca sign Aguero and Memphis, knowing that they already exceeded their wage limits?

Because they replace a far more expensive players.
Depay comes and Griezmann out saves us ton of money. Same for Aguero and Coutinho for example or even S.Roberto.
They were free agents, so we couldn't wait.
I think eventually the board will register all players and sign Messi, without losing someone that fans will freak out (FDJ/Pedri etc)

Porque

I don't think they know it at the time.

We just asked Memphis to lower salary by 30%.

Aguero is looking more or more like a needless signing.

And of all the people to ask to lower the salary. It is the guy who you signed a few weeks ago. :lol:

Time for the board to take the hard decision and release Roberto. Maybe even Dembele citing his recent racial release as he only has 1 year on his contract too. It won't look pretty on the expenses but it will help the salary issues immediately.

Oh and maybe reduce the offer to Messi by 30%.

JerseyAddict

Dembele is history at Barca. Cou to
We should offload them as we can. Just to cut down wages.

I think Messi if he wins Copa he won't make any problems if he can be signed. He will agree ar anything ;)

El Gato

Villarato!
Because they replace a far more expensive players.
Depay comes and Griezmann out saves us ton of money. Same for Aguero and Coutinho for example or even S.Roberto.
They were free agents, so we couldn't wait.
I think eventually the board will register all players and sign Messi, without losing someone that fans will freak out (FDJ/Pedri etc)

If they can afford the fine or negotiate it down with Tebas, yes

wisconsincule

The more I read into our finances the more fucked it seems we are.

This is going to be a multi year process. I don’t expect any “big” signings for a few years which I am completely okay with.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
LaLiga clubs squeeze their accounts to meet the salary limit, that equation that establishes how much money teams can spend to pay the cost of their squads (players, coaches, coaching staff, subsidiary …) and that is causing a headache for many. Among them, Laporta, who cannot register Messi until he reduces it. The formula is simple: the income must be subtracted for overhead costs and debt repayment. The result is the maximum amount that can be allocated to staff spending. Marc Mench?n, director and founder of 2Playbook, analyzes in As the keys of this system.

The question of all fans is what happens if a club exceeds that limit. “This last season several clubs have surpassed him. When you pass it, you can no longer enroll anyone. Those that are can play, but those that you incorporate, no. Until the limit is not below what LaLiga establishes. Pedro Le?n spent several months without playing for Getafe for that reason, “says Mench?n.

What solutions are there to avoid overdoing it? Several: a capital increase (which Real Madrid and Barcelona cannot access as they are the members' club), an increase in income or a decrease in wages. “Atl?tico has closed the season with € 80M in losses, but since it is a Sports Limited Company it has made a capital increase to cover the losses and pay debts. This will mean that this season it will have a higher salary mass than Bar?a. The only solution with a similar effect for Barcelona would be to sell a player for € 100M, but with the current market situation it is difficult. The real solution for the big guys is to cut salaries. This economic situation is going to take three years to fix and there is no other option but to adapt salaries to real income“.

For this situation, in which the clubs have their limit exceeded, LaLiga has an escape route to be able to sign, but with a series of conditions. This is article 100 of its regulations for preparing budgets. “In order not to burden the national market, they have allowed that for each sale, they can invest 25% of said amount, even if you are exceeding it. Thus, little by little they are reducing the wage bill. If you take out a player who occupies a lot of salary mass (Ramos style) you can reinvest 50%. They reward you because you show that you are making great efforts to reduce. “Laporta is now playing with those percentages, seeking to register Messi, Ag?ero, Eric Garc?a, Depay and Emerson.

Another concept that people do not quite understand it is to amortize (when it is considered that after several seasons the money invested in a transfer has already been recovered). For example, the case of Pjanic, who arrived last season at Bar?a and there has been talk of his departure in the absence of amortizing € 45M. “If you remove him from the squad, what he has not amortized goes directly to the salary expense of the same season, further reducing your salary ceiling”Mench?n points out. But also there is even another solution that can be beneficial, such as the exchange of footballers. As an example, the one that sounds between Sa?l and Griezmann. According to the director of 2Playbook, “It has a double advantage because you release a high chip and help to pay off the transfer.” Bar?a still have 80 million to recover from Griezmann in two seasons (40 per year), but if Sa?l arrived, valued at € 40M, for four years, this amortization would be 10 per season. This would allow the salary cap to be relaxed. It is certainly a puzzle that embitters many presidents.

Another key to this salary limit is in the clauses. It is recurrent sometimes to hear fans say that to try to deceive LaLiga's financial fair play the solution would be to lower the fixed salary and expand the one of easily achievable variables. But this is impossible. “LaLiga takes everything into account. If in your contract you have stipulated that for playing so many games they give you so much money, that money is included in the limit. It is money that you have committed “says Mench?n. Who considers that the two teams that are in the worst situation are Barcelona and Valencia: “The Barcelona thing is public and notorious. Valencia is another one of the annoyed, since their situation was already complicated before the pandemic and this has been the last straw. Betis is also there and may be another of those who have problems, although it has relieved them to qualify for the Europa League and have that extra income. “At the opposite pole would be the League champion:” Atl?tico are in a good position. Madrid, for its part, remains to be seen by how much that salary cut has been closed and the savings that have been made. I don't think I have problems. Like the rest, they are tight but without excessive complications. “

https://sportsfinding.com/the-keys-to-the-salary-limit/105261/

PhilS

Thank you!!!

Edit: After read your translation, I loss more hope. It almost sounds impossible to register Depay, Aguero, Garcia and Messi on top of that.

I mean how much % of wage do we need to reduce? maybe 70%?

As we all know, Barca has not yet been able to shed much salary. They absolutely must get several of the most expensive players off the books, such as Coutinho, Dembele, Greizmann, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Roberto.

No one seems to want to buy all these high-paid players. So, no room to pay Messi.

Home of Barca Fans