FC Barcelona Finances

Prodi

It is a summary of what we have been saying these days, but when we can listening to it, it becomes easier to understand.

Income (TV, sponsorship, stadium, museum, transfers) the debt for that year is discounted. If we have lost money in the previous season, that loss is subtracted from the salary cap (example if they were going to let us spend 300 and we lost 100 last season, they would let us spend 200M in salary cap).
In our case we are talking about 300M of losses in the last year, if we had a 347M salary cap, we would have 47M, but when opening a stadium, tourism, museum, shops we can speak of another 150-200M that increases the salary cap in the best of cases , we are not going to recover 100% as before the pandemic.
The salary cap changes with each operation that the club performs. The League makes it public at the end of the market in September, but the club obviossly does the math and knows it at the moment.
We cannot choose which players we register for the LFP, the players who had a contract with us last year and are still in the club are the first and then the signings come. That is, we cannot not register Dembele and Coutinho to resgister the new signings.

We can spend 25% of everything we release, every 10M we can spend 2.5 even if we go over the salary cap.

The salary cap of the UCL is different, the rule is that you cannot close an exercise with a 30M deficit under normal conditions, with COVID the rule will take three seasons, two COVID and one normal. In the end we could register the signings for the UCL but not for the LFP.

Basically, the only strategy is to lower the player's wages because it is almost impossible to make good sales. And if Messi lowers his wages, the others should do the same. In the same way that when Messi renewed in 2017 the other players went through the president's office to renew and increase wages, now they should do the same.
Another is that the players forgive the 187M that Bartomeu postponed. It is not normal that the players of Madrid have lowered their wages and those of Barcelona have deferred it.

We can exceed the salary cap without problem by paying a small fine, but we could not register either Messi or the signings.

Barcelona is 2 or 3 years away to recover the income they had before the pandemic since we are the club that depends the most on tourism.
A new sponsorship does not solve the problem, but it does raise the salary cap a bit. If we get sponsorships, the salary limit cap goes up, if we release players, the salary cap goes up. It is a mobile number.

He repeats again that the only solution is wages reduction and that he loved Laporta's phrase that the players had taken advantage of the uselessness of the previous board. That the role of Tebas is good for us to scare the players/agents because we are not lying to them and we have no choice but to do so, we cant pay them.

Atl?tico has solved this by making a capital increase by having an owner. Barcelona cannot do that since it is a club of members, all losses are debt. We have to take 2 or 3 years of bad results and start over.

Players should be aware that the problem is from the previous board that represents the club but that their salaries are 80% of the income of the club (before the covid) and it is not normal.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanks [MENTION=23843]Prodi[/MENTION], appreciate the translation.

Totally agreed we should cut the players wages and they should agree to this, otherwise we wouldn't be able to start the next season normally, new signings aside, our biggest star Messi.

I am OK with us taking two to three years to recover, what's important is that we don't repeat the same mistakes with a wage bill that is out of control and we must work harder to exploit other ways to broaden our revenue streams, can't rely on matchday, tourism and the museum as much as we do or did. We've got to prepare ourselves for the impact for another unforeseeable event like this, should matchday revenue goes to zero.

Even though I think the La Liga salary cap thing is mostly a good thing, I still don't understand the rules and thinks they are quite unreasonable, honestly. The 347m cap is based on the revenue of 500m to 550m, right? Which is already factoring in the 300m to 350m loss. Why subtract the 300m loss again from the 347m figure? Makes zero sense. Also the rule with regard to spending only 25% of everything one sells/releases, to me that is too stringent.

I just hope the club figures out a way to resolve this and resolve it soon.

Leong157

It is a summary of what we have been saying these days, but when we can listening to it, it becomes easier to understand.

Income (TV, sponsorship, stadium, museum, transfers) the debt for that year is discounted. If we have lost money in the previous season, that loss is subtracted from the salary cap (example if they were going to let us spend 300 and we lost 100 last season, they would let us spend 200M in salary cap).
In our case we are talking about 300M of losses in the last year, if we had a 347M salary cap, we would have 47M, but when opening a stadium, tourism, museum, shops we can speak of another 150-200M that increases the salary cap in the best of cases , we are not going to recover 100% as before the pandemic.
The salary cap changes with each operation that the club performs. The League makes it public at the end of the market in September, but the club obviossly does the math and knows it at the moment.
We cannot choose which players we register for the LFP, the players who had a contract with us last year and are still in the club are the first and then the signings come. That is, we cannot not register Dembele and Coutinho to resgister the new signings.

We can spend 25% of everything we release, every 10M we can spend 2.5 even if we go over the salary cap.

The salary cap of the UCL is different, the rule is that you cannot close an exercise with a 30M deficit under normal conditions, with COVID the rule will take three seasons, two COVID and one normal. In the end we could register the signings for the UCL but not for the LFP.

Basically, the only strategy is to lower the player's wages because it is almost impossible to make good sales. And if Messi lowers his wages, the others should do the same. In the same way that when Messi renewed in 2017 the other players went through the president's office to renew and increase wages, now they should do the same.
Another is that the players forgive the 187M that Bartomeu postponed. It is not normal that the players of Madrid have lowered their wages and those of Barcelona have deferred it.

We can exceed the salary cap without problem by paying a small fine, but we could not register either Messi or the signings.

Barcelona is 2 or 3 years away to recover the income they had before the pandemic since we are the club that depends the most on tourism.
A new sponsorship does not solve the problem, but it does raise the salary cap a bit. If we get sponsorships, the salary limit cap goes up, if we release players, the salary cap goes up. It is a mobile number.

He repeats again that the only solution is wages reduction and that he loved Laporta's phrase that the players had taken advantage of the uselessness of the previous board. That the role of Tebas is good for us to scare the players/agents because we are not lying to them and we have no choice but to do so, we cant pay them.

Atl?tico has solved this by making a capital increase by having an owner. Barcelona cannot do that since it is a club of members, all losses are debt. We have to take 2 or 3 years of bad results and start over.

Players should be aware that the problem is from the previous board that represents the club but that their salaries are 80% of the income of the club (before the covid) and it is not normal.

Thank you!!!

Edit: After read your translation, I loss more hope. It almost sounds impossible to register Depay, Aguero, Garcia and Messi on top of that.

I mean how much % of wage do we need to reduce? maybe 70%?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=23843]Prodi[/MENTION]

Can you clarify this
The salary cap of the UCL is different, the rule is that you cannot close an exercise with a 30M deficit under normal conditions, with COVID the rule will take three seasons, two COVID and one normal.

What's 'an exercise'?

Prodi

Thank you!!!

Edit: After read your translation, I loss more hope. It almost sounds impossible to register Depay, Aguero, Garcia and Messi on top of that.

I mean how much % of wage do we need to reduce? maybe 70%?

I read that right now we are over the budget by 110% and we should be 60-65% at max.

[MENTION=23843]Prodi[/MENTION]

Can you clarify this

What's 'an exercise'?

Sorry, the budget of one year.

Thanks [MENTION=23843]Prodi[/MENTION], appreciate the translation.

Totally agreed we should cut the players wages and they should agree to this, otherwise we wouldn't be able to start the next season normally, new signings aside, our biggest star Messi.

I am OK with us taking two to three years to recover, what's important is that we don't repeat the same mistakes with a wage bill that is out of control and we must work harder to exploit other ways to broaden our revenue streams, can't rely on matchday, tourism and the museum as much as we do or did. We've got to prepare ourselves for the impact for another unforeseeable event like this, should matchday revenue goes to zero.

Even though I think the La Liga salary cap thing is mostly a good thing, I still don't understand the rules and thinks they are quite unreasonable, honestly. The 347m cap is based on the revenue of 500m to 550m, right? Which is already factoring in the 300m to 350m loss. Why subtract the 300m loss again from the 347m figure? Makes zero sense. Also the rule with regard to spending only 25% of everything one sells/releases, to me that is too stringent.

I just hope the club figures out a way to resolve this and resolve it soon.

I think

Bartomeu's false budget of 850M -------> 347M salary cap
In reality that budget should be 500-550M -------> 160M salary cap

But i have doubts

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think
Bartomeu's false budget of 850M -------> 347M salary cap
In reality that budget should be 500-550M -------> 160M salary cap

But i have doubts

I doubt that is the case, because it would have meant we could only spend between 32% to 40% of our budget/revenue on wages. A stupid self-crippling rule if true.

Joan

Tebas would be delighted if no new players are signed and no new deal for Messi.

Tebas would be the man under whose term all the big stars have left LaLiga. First Neymar, then Ronaldo, Ramks, and even Messi. Terrible legacy to have.

Mateka

As an example, hopefully an encouragement:

Liverpool wages 125m
Man City wages 115m
Man Utd wages 155m
Chelsea wages 162m
Spotrac

PSG wages 202m
Salary sport.

All in pounds.

So, high earners at Barca, once released, the figure of 160m pa is comparatively doable.

Last edited:

Leong157

As an example, hopefully an encouragement:

Liverpool wages 125m
Man City wages 115m
Man Utd wages 155m
Chelsea wages 162m
Spotrac

PSG wages 202m
Salary sport.

All in pounds.

So, high earners at Barca, once released, the figure of 160m pa is comparatively doable.

Mann....

How inflated our salary is

Barto must be a spy from Madrid.

Devils

The wage structure at this club make so little sense it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of criminal scheme/activity behind it.

It makes no sense the money we are paying these players.

Home of Barca Fans