FC Barcelona B

JamDav1982

Watched that game last week and Valle reminded me of Tierney a bit.

Battles like fuck. Doesnt seem to be anything amazing technically but does the basics perfectly, moves ball quickly and runs all day.

And I love Tierney as a LB. Nearest thing could think of when watching him.

Porque

Battles like fuck. Doesnt seem to be anything amazing technically but does the basics perfectly, moves ball quickly and runs all day.

I hope he gets a run of games. Balde just returned from injury (30 minutes at LW yesterday) while Sola is injured.

A perfect window opened for him, but although Xavi does not seem too high on Balde, he has been the clubs bet for a few years at LB, so he might be put back into the 11.

Interesting BLde came on at LW and not LB though. Next week's game will tell alot more.

Agree with your assessment btw. Didn't want to go OTT but he has looked very very interesting, especially the defensive game and his arrival in offence.

Andresito

Staff member

Sounds like Palencia.

Porque

Sounds like Palencia.

Extremely early days but Alex Valle looks to have a higher ceiling. Palencia was all fight and mentality which was perfect for the level but got burned pretty badly even in the lower leagues for us.

Got him opportunities though.

Another thing that is being overlooked is that Ander Astralaga got his first Barca B start this weekend. He is one of the taller goalkeepers coming through La Masia (1.90m) and just turned 18.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Aranda is decent for B team and makes big difference.

Carries ball well as showed there for his goal.

Would not be surprised seeing teams in for him also.

ajnotkeith

Said that the other day.

Braithwaite is fucking awful and always was.

More clubs would pay for Jutgla in summer than that dud.
Last season Manaj and Peque would have been more useful than him too.

Beggars belief how we spent 20m and gave a 5 year 100k a week contract to a player of second division level. Barto things.

Messi983

We've finally turned all those draws and close loses in previous months into wins. 4 in a row! If previous three against teams in bottom half of the table were kind of expected didn't really think we'll beat a very good Villarreal B.

Have not watched them as much as I'd like this season but most of Barca B games are uploaded on yt so I'll try to watch them when I'll have time.

Home of Barca Fans