Ernesto Valverde

mc_lovin

Xavi already turned us down and EV has no self respect. Self respecting manager would resign after Roma debacle, half decent manager would have resigned after Liverpool.

He didnt turn us down, he was just professional. He cant saw off Valverde himself, there needs to be a certain order. He cant confirm joining us before we officially sack Valverde (though I dont get my hopes up either).

serghei

I honestly feel for Valverde, because despite him not being great as a manager, I have no doubt he is a fine human being. But why don't these managers accept that they just failed and resign when the time comes. After Liverpool, just grow a pair, admit the massive failure and fucking resign with dignity. Don't hold on to the job when you're obviously spent and done as a manager, deteriorating as times goes by.

Did a massive bottle job, making negative history vs Roma. Fine, it was a terrible night in a rather good season, you had the chance to prove it was an unfortunate accident. But when you do it again even more horribly, just fucking go, you're clearly not good enough for CL title, and it happens to be a very important objective for a club like Barca.

Last edited:

mssarm

He didnt turn us down, he was just professional. He cant saw off Valverde himself, there needs to be a certain order. He cant confirm joining us before we officially sack Valverde (though I dont get my hopes up either).

Don't you think making a statement like my focus is my current team /my next game and accepting job from Barca very next day is kind of dick move? If he wanted more courteous he could have just said that he will not make any comments about his meetings.

serghei

Don't you think making a statement like my focus is my current team /my next game and accepting job from Barca very next day is kind of dick move? If he wanted more courteous he could have just said that he will not make any comments about his meetings.

No, I think it's fairly standard practice.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if he agrees to take up the job right now I doubt he'll be on the bench next weekend. He'll probably coach Al Sadd in the Cup Final and leave then.

FinBarcelonafan

I honestly feel for Valverde, because despite him not being great as a manager, I have no doubt he is a fine human being. But why don't these managers accept that they just failed and resign when the time comes. After Liverpool, just grow a pair, admit the massive failure and fucking resign with dignity. Don't hold on to the job when you're obviously spent and done as a manager, deteriorating as times goes by.

Did a massive bottle job, making negative history vs Roma. Fine, it was a terrible night in a rather good season, you had the chance to prove it was an unfortunate accident. But when you do it again even more horribly, just fucking go, you're clearly not good enough for CL title, and it happens to be a very important objective for a club like Barca.

Exactly and those two are the reasons why I don't feel that bad for Valverde. He should have stepped down himself.

mssarm

Even if he agrees to take up the job right now I doubt he'll be on the bench next weekend. He'll probably coach Al Sadd in the Cup Final and leave then.

I think they are trying to get him now because Barca will not play for 9 days and that will give him a chance to get his feet wet. I think if he agrees they will make him move right away. But again I don't think Xavi will be that easy to lure. I don't how it will impact his relationship with Victor Font.

FC B

A fine human being would've left if not after Rome surely after Anfield but ofc, he didn't and he keeps holding on to his chair with no intention to step down. This is a mercenary not a fine human being.

serghei

A fine human being would've left if not after Rome surely after Anfield but ofc, he didn't and he keeps holding on to his chair with no intention to step down. This is a mercenary not a fine human being.

Let's not confuse a job with the value of a person, outside football. I have little doubt Valverde is a nice person. This doesn't matter for the club though. For the club all that matters is his worth as a manager. And I have to say, he's proven he is not quite up to the task.

MTL_Barca

Maybe he can trick another rich club into hiring him so he can afford to bring his boy Rakitic with him :lol:

Jokes aside if thats true it sucks for Valverde but i think the problem is more that everything is all over the press instantly.

Home of Barca Fans